Recent content by Samjames

1. Samjames

Hoping to create an HO layout

Phew! Thank you Paul for the wonderful news. It is too bad those German manufacturers do not make that clear! So, Marklin has a subtle version of Lionel's three-rail tracks.
  2. Samjames

Arg! Thank you for the incredible catch Iron Horseman! This is the nitty-gritty I am most afraid of. Make the financial commitment just to find out the tracks, DCC, locomotive, rolling stock, or something else is mismatched.
  3. Samjames

Thank you for your kind words Trailrider! I will definitely listen to the wisdom, and follow excellent suggestions shared with me here!
  4. Samjames

Thank you for the wonderful suggestion Paul! I am absolutely open to starting inexpensively, second-hand or discarded HO rails, locomotives, rolling stock, etc. If I start somewhere I should be able to build upon it. I am indeed in the US (not that anyone can tell from my poor writing)!
  5. Samjames

Thank you all for the fantastic help and warm welcome! I understand that I need to start with Atlas snap-track, try to keep with 22" and 18" radius. I am hoping to select from the below locomotives (I used to own Marklin tracks and train in the mid-seventies). I hope they would work with the...
  6. Samjames

Hello all, I am new here, and new to the hobby. I would like to start an HO layout (4X8?) without anything complicated as scenery. First I am interested in finding out what sort of tracks to purchase. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Back