Recent content by rvnmedic6869

1. rvnmedic6869

Getting Ready to Wire Main and Accessory Bus'

Ah, I was quoting flyboy2610 in comment #8. With the research into DCC wiring, I was going to go with dropping track feeders and turnout feeders onto the DCC bus. But, I also like the idea of an accessory bus too. Right now I'm projecting feeders for the (12) 3 Peco Electrofrog turnouts (for...
  2. rvnmedic6869

It would be used primarily for fiber optic lighting and any other mechanical accessories. Will check out the link you included. Thanks!
  3. rvnmedic6869

Any suggestions for the DC power supply? Voltage? Transformer type? Thanks.
  4. rvnmedic6869

"Run two wires from the command station to the DCC bus. Connect your DC power supply to the accessory bus the same way. Personally, I don't like connecting feeder wires directly to the DCC bus. That makes a lot of connections, and things get real cluttered real fast! I prefer to create a sub bus...
  5. rvnmedic6869

I shouldn't have used the word "shunt". I meant a connection between the two main bus wires running parallel the length of the board - 16')) that I thought I needed. From what you are saying, it sounds like I don't need two main bus wires running the length of the 16'? Just one long 16' down...
  6. rvnmedic6869

If I use two separate bus lines, I assume I should connect the MRC power to one and then a shunt from the bus line over to the other? I envision two bus lines running the length of the table as mentioned in my OP and the shunt or connector to the other in an "H" shape? I believe I do have...
  7. rvnmedic6869

#1 - my layout is on a 5' x 16' table. #2 - the track layout right now is rectangular, with the Main going around the rectangle and the Sub branching off of it and paralleling the Main for 3/4 of the Main. #3 - I'm following the DCC wiring info from DCCWiki and the Wire Gauge Guidelines for a...
  8. rvnmedic6869

Help with SVdA Error Code with Prodigy DCC

That makes sense. I thought about it yesterday. I had held off installing the Main Bus and the Accessory Bus as I was still building the layout, but will now proceed with it as 90% of the track is laid. Here's a shot of the Electrofrog with wiring from power drops shown. When I first saw...
  9. rvnmedic6869

When I put the engines (one at a time) on the test track they powered up. Each engine's ID is # 3 so I will be changing the second one to #2 when I have the #$#$%$%%ing layout finished. 😄 Not an issue right now. And I didn't have to do any resets.
  10. rvnmedic6869

Now I'm dealing with track power issues. I had an engine running and it would stop. I checked that area and put the multi-meter on the rails. Good power and then no power after the joint. I took a needle nose pliers and pinched the rail joiner on both ends. Meter again and the power is...
  11. rvnmedic6869

Believe it or not, resetting to factory defaults was what I am going to do next. And I did check the track at different locations with a multi-meter and they all had power. Thanks for following up on this. I'm learning!
  12. rvnmedic6869

Well, I got the Dremel out with a metal cutting disk and cut gaps on the point rails (after the frog). Plugged in the power and NO error code! Checked track voltage and it's good. Put one of my DCC engines on the track right near the power connection and NOTHING. I tried putting the engine...
  13. rvnmedic6869

One of the posters mentioned that if you have Peco Electrofrogs and they are in a loop layout, insulating them or cutting gaps in the point rails just beyond the frogs is a must. My layout is a 5'x16' basically rectangular loop layout with a loop within that. One of the turnouts will be for...

Back