Recent content by rpm750

1. rpm750

Fast Tracks System - HO Scale

I don't use the jig/plate, just the filling blocks and a paper template. Point/Frog form and Stockaid tools. Clover House has 12" long Modern PC ties, you will have less waste, 10-12" sticks for $15.95. They also sell throw bar PC ties and turnout cross ties. The cross tie is a bag of 500...
  2. rpm750

Hello from SW Georgia

Ah a Georgia Boy. Welcome I'm just north of you guys in Coweta Co.
  3. rpm750

Tools, Jigs, Off the wall techniques

I've seen a few threads on basic tools for this hobby but what have you made jig wise that has improved a process. Track laying/alignment - straight and curved, track layout, holding locos, paint booths, vacuum attachments, vise modifications, paint brush mods, keeping your layout clean/dust...
  4. rpm750

kz9's HO Scale Empire.....

Thanks for your response earlier. In reading some response posts I saw one that asked about the black foam that you used in place of cork. Did you ever find the manufacture of the product. Also I guess you had to cut the beveled edges? I like the look and it might be cheaper. I found some today...
  5. rpm750

kz9's HO Scale Empire.....

Wow, just looked at every post in this thread. Love it, congrats on the new baby too. I'm planning my layout right now and it will be a modern layout, I'm in the SE US so I might do a what would be a modern Seaboard or just stick with NS/CSX. Anyways, I'd like some input on the smallest...
  6. rpm750

How much ballast is needed?

When I first watched flymanjg's vids on YouTube I thought it was Paul Teutul Sr. Sounds just like him!
  7. rpm750

Planning stages

Well I have thrown together a layout plan but to me it's just missing that wow for me. ~1. HO Scale Modern day CSX/NS or Seaboard Coastline(if it were in existence today) Layout, code 83 track, under table switch machines, DCC Control, other electronics/control as I go. Pretty much just me...
  8. rpm750

First DCC System

Thanks guys for your input. Planning on hitting up the Train shop tomorrow after work. Last week was really hectic and I just never got to it. Cost is a factor and useability. My layout is not that big, takes up a 9x11 room and it will be HO. I'll share my layout stuff in the correct thread...
  9. rpm750

What youtube channels can I learn the most from?

I just watched all of Flymanjg vids this past weekend. Nice layout. Like his practices. I'm involved in the Aircooled VW Scene and we have all kinds. I stay away from those types like Al. Seems like trouble just follows them everywhere.
  10. rpm750

First DCC System

Sorry for a possible re-post but I've done some searching and read a few things but I'll ask anyways. I'm getting back into this hobby, had a few shots at layouts as a kid and young adult. I really like the idea of the DCC setups but I have a few questions. ~ I see that they have a rating but...
  11. rpm750

New Guy

I'm Bob, I've been a modeling fan for a good while. I had layouts and have been involved in building since a kid. However I've been out for a while and would like to jump back in. I'm excited to see some new tech, DCC. Can't wait to get into that and see for myself the true control...

Back