Recent content by ronp849

1. R

Loco lighting without a decoder...is it possible?

If the track the Loco is on can be isolated from the DCC, you could feed the LEDs through an externally mounted series resistor and control switch from a 5v supply. Ron
  2. R

Using R/C Servos for turnout actuation.

Just a snippet of info - Re servo installation; The connector bodies supplied with standard servos can be slightly different according to two major manufactures - Lets call them Ftype and Jtype. (Those from the RC fraternity will know who they are!!) Both are rectangular in section but the F...
  3. R

Mysterious electrical problems

Hi Rico Have you measured the current drawn? If it goes up when the voltage goes down then it could be a partial short or an abnormal load and not the power supply. On that note I had a problem with a turnout yesterday - it was shorting the power supply intermittently when in the turnout...
  4. R

Electronic problems

Dirty Pot contacts has been a characteristic of Potentiometers for decades - normally associated with audio volume controls. I have found sweeping the control between its extreme positions 10 or 20 times can help reduce or cure the problem. Ron
  5. R

Arduino and servo's to control turnouts with DCC

Hi Dave I have attached schematics for the sensor input system, the LED output driver and the Servo driver. They are not finalised yet but they should give the flavour of the complexity, (or lack of it). Since the resources required are minimal it would take very little extra to expand them...
  6. R

Arduino and servo's to control turnouts with DCC

Hi Dave I have been looking at similar systems for driving accessories but with much higher capacity. (16 servos, 16 LEDs and 16 sensor inputs all driven by a simple At mega88 Atmel processor). I managed to link this to RocRail and DCC++ with Xpressnet via an RS232 serial link and since the...

Back