Recent content by RocketJet

1. R

The Trains Lionel Should be Making

So for the past century, for the most part, Lionel has made some of the most high-quality model railroading locomotives and accessories (aside from the 70's and 80's that is). They make amazing steam and diesel locomotives of yesterday and also a lot of great freight sets of today. But still...
  2. R

Looking to buy a Lionel Acela

New Acela for 2012! So now it looks like they are bringing this thing back but without 2 of the cars the original complete set has. The 2005/2006 Acela set had the two loco's, one 1st class, and two Business Class cars which could be combined with the expansion set that includes the cafe car...
  3. R

Yes Oh yes please! email me the info: rocketjet21@gmail.com
  4. R

oh yes please. email me! rocketjet21@gmail.com
  5. R

I'm still looking for a cheaper one though. 2500 should include the extra three cars
  6. R

Lionel Modern vs Classical

Now, I will probably get the Super Chief first. What is the best one they offer? WOuld it be the 2007 F-7 ABA set with the 4-pac of cars?
  7. R

why yes! However, I would hope to pay that much for the loco's with 6 cars as opposed to 3 but this is the best possibility I have seen since Christmas, thanks!
  8. R

Does anyone know where I can find one? Anyone wanna sell me theirs? They have disappeared from ebay since Christamas
  9. R

So if I get the Lionel Southern Pacific Daylight GS-2 TMCC< what would be the most realistic cars to get for it?
  10. R

I still am leaning towards the acela but it has issue is electrification. As far as I know it is one if not the only Lionel train that can use power from an overhead cantonary. My problem is that Lionel does not make these...I don't know if they even exist for O gauge.
  11. R

Cannot Decide on Guage/Company

Ya I mean I'm definately stuck between Lionel and HO (i.e.: Bachman and Marklin). I mean, HO has a MUCH greater diversity of locomotives and rolling stock....especially with modern trains. They are cheaper and smaller so you can have more of them on one layout. But small is good and bad. They...
  12. R

i certainly hope so. what do you think about my thoughts on the other gauges tho?
  13. R

So is Lionel a bad bet for the long run?
  14. R

Where I am at So here is the deal, I have received the Standard Guage Hiawathaand am very excited, it is a beautiful train. So I will probably store it until I move into a house where I can fully build a display long enough for it! It is simply a monster! So I am still stuck in that old...
  15. R

My only other question is whether I should get the Acela now because they probably will not make it again and wait for them to release better versions of the Southern Pacific Daylight

Back