Recent content by rmarriner

1. R

Framework with Foam board scenery

Thanks Trussrod! The pictures of the leg bracing helps tremendously. I am going to start working on my garage. I am running electrical tonight for my lighting (3 shop lights) and then plan on wiring some outlets in the wall. I will then work on the floor and finally weatherize the doors...
  2. R

WHAT!!! Park your car in the garage?? That's what they make drive-ways for... What wives think sometimes!?!? :eek: Ahh, my wife and I drive old cars anyway, they like it outside (my jeep has told me) :)
  3. R

This is kind of what I was hoping to do. I like the idea of the epoxy floor because I still plan on using some parts of the garage for "garage" stuff. :) I found a "kit" online that would do 250 sq ft for like $40. That isn't too bad. I would need two kits though :( If my train room was...
  4. R

Thanks Joe, I didn't see your reply, you must have replied the same time I was typing my last post... Anyway, This is absolutely what I am going to do, infact I have already bought the T-nuts and carriage bolts (2" though) and had already planned on using the 2x2 legs. I got the idea from the...
  5. R

I had my doubts about MDF, this just sets it in stone. I will use be using drywall screws for the benchwork and carriage bolts to mount the legs and connect my sections together. I was going to start on my "Willits" section first. The island will be made of, I am thinking three modules...
  6. R

Yuba/Sutter/Butte California

No biggie, I'll try the flyer thing at the LHS. I just went to a railfan slideshow (no models) that was put on in Gridley, so I am slowly getting into the crowd, I guess it will just take some time. Thanks for your help though. P.S. I noticed your Redwood Empire layout on your site. I am...
  7. R

I think I am thinking to much into this. Since open grid allows me to vary my track height greatly, I should consider my staging yard at 0" altitude (have it right on the bench work) and then have all my other track on risers. Instead of trying to get the track "below" the girders and joists...
  8. R

I am in Live Oak. Grew up here. I'll check out the websites you mentioned for Aggro Jones and Jetrock. I went to a Railroad slideshow last night but it was more centered around the prototype. Plus I knew just one person there and I only know him from the local train store (so I know he...
  9. R

Rex, Thanks for the reply. I understand what you are saying about creating a "box" with the joists. That is a very good idea and hadn't thought about that. I was just simply thinking of running the joists all one direction for a section. I was leaning toward the "open-grid" framwork to...
  10. R

Hello everyone, About 6-7 years ago I started to get into model railroading, I had "train sets" before but was really trying at that time to make it more than a toy. My interest starting failing because of several reasons, I went to pursue a career, and there was no local "groups" or people...
  11. R

Hey guys, I am in the process of building my n scale layout, I have decided on a track plan and have already bought some lumber, but haven't done anything with it yet (1x4's and 2'x2's). At this point I haven't decided on butt-joint or L-girder benchwork. I wanted to try and use Foam board for...
  12. R

Great Model Railroads Layout

THATS IT!!! :D I didn't even know this existed. I was so adament about looking for the past issue that I didn't think to see if they had a database online. I guess I'll have to really contemplate subscribing to MR... Thank you! P.S. If I build that last one, I don't think I'll be alive to...
  13. R

Great Model Railroads Layout

Hello everyone! I was curious whether or not anybody had the track plan for a layout I saw in one of the "Great Model Railroad" yearly publications from MR. I believe it was the 2000 GMR issue. I can't recall the name of the layout, I do remember it was an N scale "L" shape layout that had...

Back