Recent content by RickA54

1. R

Helix Building for N Scale - the method can also be used for HO Scale

It's now time to update this thread. Joining the Helices. A couple of weeks ago I finished wiring the Station House ready for the track and accessories. The 2 helices had their own wiring loom so I was putting off wiring the Station House but they are now “plugged in” to the full loom and in...
  2. R

We have no prior modelling skills so it's all done by research, trial and error. It is time consuming as we both still work and don't actually retire until July next year. But we're having great fun and learning new skills ⚒ ⚡🏛 🔧
  3. R

Hi GEfan, I'm pleased it may be of use. I am in Worcestershire.
  4. R

Hi, I originally uploaded the PDF but I can't find it on my original post so here it is, attached again. I'm new to this forum, I'm not too sure what I'm doing :D
  5. R

Thank for that. I have now found where I can buy it in the UK. 👍
  6. R

Hi All from the UK

👍
  7. R

Hi All from the UK

👍
  8. R

Hi All from the UK

We normally visit the US once or twice every year but, with this pandemic, we are not travelling anywhere this year. We'll be back though...
  9. R

Thanks for your advice and links. I've had a quick look on the UK sites but it doesn't appear to be easy to find the cellular pvc as working boards etc. It's wound up in pre-formed house trimmings and pipes. I will have a beter look later. I like your turntable.
  10. R

I have added spacers to try and avoid the plywood from warping due to temperature changes in the Station House. I have a Word document but it's 41 MB if you would like it.
  11. R

I originally bought 2 pair of helix kits on the internet to build fou aour N Scale layout. Eventually, when we got around to start the actual build, we found that the MDF cutting was very poor and the kit was, really, not usable so we decided to design and build 2 helices ourselves. My wife and...
  12. R

Hi All from the UK

Hi to everyone. My wife and I are approaching our retirement and have found a really good hobby, model railways. We are mixing OO/HO and N scales. All of our N Scale trains and wagons are American, we live in the UK. We are really new at this "game" and have little relevant skills but are quite...

Back