Recent content by RDC1

1. RDC1

Help Identifying This Club

I've acquired this large Walthers Marnold control unit that may have come from the Buffalo or Rochester, NY areas. There are some clues left on the face of the controls. Do these names or controls look familiar to anyone?
  2. RDC1

Frateschi

I e-mailed an eBay seller about his 2-8-0 up for auction. His reply: "The driver rods are indeed plastic...thus the tender drive system. The wheels are composed of a steel axle, what appears to be a steel spoked driver (center portion of drivers appears to be steel) on a very heavy plastic...
  3. RDC1

Frateschi

It appears that they're DC, the same as any HO. I wouldn't use their power pack anyway. I'm far too hooked on MRC's classic controllers. ~ Dave
  4. RDC1

Frateschi

Meaning, they don't run well, don't look correct, not designed and built well or what specifically?
  5. RDC1

Frateschi

I found a few engines that I'm interested in by Frateschi, a Brazillian company. Does anyone know what their quality is like? ~ Dave http://www.frateschi.com.br/index_eng.php
  6. RDC1

Bachmann 0-6-0 & Slope Tender Rods & Drivers

Trussrod, you're right, the newer gear looks great :) The engine somehow looks tougher and it has great action. Damn, those pins were in tight! This is not a procedure that I would want to perform often, even though the pins will probably come out much easier next time. Thanks for the...
  7. RDC1

Never mind, they're push pins.
  8. RDC1

Bachmann 0-6-0 Rod Removal I tried to disassemble my 0-6-0 for cleaning and a lube job. One cylinder broke off, so I ordered these from Bachmann: http://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66_68_155&products_id=866 They have a few more rods on than the...
  9. RDC1

Opinions on Bachmann EZ track for a beginner

Thank you both!
  10. RDC1

Opinions on Bachmann EZ track for a beginner

Does anyone have photos of how they secured the E-Z Track to the layout? ~ Dave

Back