Recent content by rcgrabbag

1. R

Broadway Limited PRR Sharknose A-B-A lashup

Thanks for the moral support folks! We're not giving up and we're doing what we can to save it. The unfortunate fact is that there will be no 'starting over' if forced to move. Most of the members are in that stage of life where the physical ability and mental will is insufficient to take on the...
  2. R

MTH HO C&O Allegheny

Thanks folks!
  3. R

Broadway Limited PRR Sharknose A-B-A lashup

Pulling a misc freight consist over the Logan Southern club layout. Unfortunately, it looks like there will be only a few more videos shot on this layout. Looks like we're losing our club site to the township. It's a shame too, because we have a pretty neat location in the upper level of the old...
  4. R

Broadway Limited Union Pacific 4-12-2 Brass Hybrid

Ah, but the MTH version has a lockout screw on the frame which locks the frame rigidly. They give you the option of the articulating frame or rigid with that feature.
  5. R

MTH HO C&O Allegheny

Yes, I got a pair of H10's with the sloped tender (west). Cool little engines.
  6. R

MTH HO C&O Allegheny

Glad you enjoyed! Thanks for watching...
  7. R

DCS was a strange way to go, BUT, remember, MTH models still operates on DCC just fine, with some limitations, which honestly, I doubt many would miss. I own about 10 MTH models and have never run them on DCS, only DCC. I don't even own a DCS system. My only complaints with DCC limitations were...
  8. R

MTH HO C&O Allegheny

Deep, crisp chuff sound. Heavy model, great puller. One button grade crossing whistle. Works great with DCC. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKUB7zKoo2M
  9. R

Great runner, but not on tight curves! Prolific smoke producer too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=960sj_IIxWM Compare to MTH version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiIFJGTS_mg
  10. R

Overland Models 'Big Blow' 8500hp Turbine in HO

Thanks! OMI produced some really nice stuff.
  11. R

Overland Models 'Big Blow' 8500hp Turbine in HO

This video if of my 'revamped' Big Blow turbine. I installed a second QSI Titan in the middle unit, doing away with the inter-unit umbilical cables piping sound into both units from a single Titan. Having two Titans - one in the lead and one in the center unit - also did away with speed matching...
  12. R

D&RGW Krauss-Maffei ML-4000 trio in brass

Thanks folks. Took a while to get these done, but well worth it. They are very reliable runners and probably pull better in 1:87 scale than the real ones ever did!
  13. R

Hmmmm, YouTube was only showing the video in 360p. I had to re-upload a new video to get 720p. Anyway, original post above has been edited to provide link to the better HD video.
  14. R

Thanks very much! The layout belongs to the Logan Southern Model Railroad Club in Souderton, PA.

Back