Broadway Limited PRR Sharknose A-B-A lashup

rcgrabbag

Pulling a misc freight consist over the Logan Southern club layout. Unfortunately, it looks like there will be only a few more videos shot on this layout. Looks like we're losing our club site to the township. It's a shame too, because we have a pretty neat location in the upper level of the old Souderton, PA train station.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wn_YDflytM

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice video on a real nice layout. What does the "Township" plan on doing with the building? Maybe time to rally some public support to save it, after all, a club serves the community too. Time to lift the "bushel" and let your light shine?

Bummer about having to move! Hopefully, the old adage about when one door closes, another opens, holds true. Good luck.

Thanks for the moral support folks! We're not giving up and we're doing what we can to save it. The unfortunate fact is that there will be no 'starting over' if forced to move. Most of the members are in that stage of life where the physical ability and mental will is insufficient to take on the monumental task of a do-over. On the plus side, there are several other clubs in the general area that give us some simpler options. I'll keep y'all posted. Thanks again for the support! It's surely one of the nice things about the hobby that makes it fun!

The unfortunate fact is that there will be no 'starting over' if forced to move. Most of the members are in that stage of life where the physical ability and mental will is insufficient to take on the monumental task of a do-over.

That's a very good point to make when dealing with the whomevers. And don't be scared to take the gloves off to an extent. Get a little article done in your local paper about it, not necessarily pointing the finger at anyone in particular (if in fact the "push" is being organised by one person), just highlighting your plight.

I just did a little look-see on Google Maps at the train station. It looks neat. I don't know what the particular issue is with the town, but my first guess based on the lack of signage is that the public doesn't know the club is there. Perhaps some signage and public events would generate the exposure you need to save the club at it's current location.

Pulling a misc freight consist over the Logan Southern club layout. Unfortunately, it looks like there will be only a few more videos shot on this layout. Looks like we're losing our club site to the township. It's a shame too, because we have a pretty neat location in the upper level of the old Souderton, PA train station.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wn_YDflytM

Great video! But.....what on earth, are those first two box cars, never seen them before!
I hope that you guys are worrying over nothing...

Back