PMW's latest activity

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

• P
    PMW reacted to dennis461's post in the thread non-switching ho layout for small room with Like Like.
    hmm, sounds like my basement HO layout. dog bone stretches into next room, a turntable in the east turnaround
  • P
    PMW replied to the thread Cab Roof Beacon Question.
    Thanks for all the info, folks! I'm not sure when to have my single roof top beacon on but I like it on switching in the yard or...
  • P
    PMW replied to the thread Cab Roof Beacon Question.
    Thanks for the replies, folks. Guess it has nothing to do with remotely controlled locos after all
  • P
    PMW replied to the thread A beginner's layout.
    I hope suggestions here can help both of us!
  • P
    PMW reacted to tdipaul's post in the thread A beginner's layout with Like Like.
    Having the same backdrop challenges here, I feel your pain!
  • P
    I recently bought my first engine equipped with a cab roof beacon. I thought such lights had something to do with remote control locos...
  • P
    Did a little more on that section of backdrop. I've never done a backdrop before. Not sure what to do between the buildings. I'm...
    • 6. October b.JPG
  • P
    PMW replied to the thread How to program loco roster in JMRI.
    If you Google "JMRI user group" you will find many informed and helpful people. I've invoked their help in the past.
  • P
    That makes sense. I have had plenty of issues but trains don't have a problem in this area. Since those tracks are glued down they'll...
  • P
    Thank you for the kind words...perhaps more kind than honest but I'll take it :D I appreciate all suggestions but could you explain the...
  • P
    For the present anyway, things have calmed down a bit and I was actually able to start a project this weekend. My layout is made of 11...
    • Backdrop.JPG
  • P
    I just bought a new CSX SD70M and out of the box the ditch lights did not alternate! I'm glad the solution to that was right in the...
  • P
    PMW replied to the thread Bachmann Power Booster.
    I have had similar frustrations. You said you inspected the track but did you spend some time looking under the layout? I once found a...
  • P
    I don't use tortoise switch machines so I can't help you there but a word of caution about using foam without plywood...It's loud. I...
  • P
    I want to apologize to you all but specifically to MilwRoader Steve. You certainly have no need to apologize to me. I misunderstood your...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.