Recent content by Planes&trains

1. P

Kato Turnouts and Jack Wabbit Quad

Does anyone have experience wiring Kato #6 turnouts through Jack Wabbit Quad Boards? After reading directions, I am confused about wiring sequence and don't want to burnout any of the Kato solenoids. Thanks in advance for your input. Tom
  2. P

N Scale Vertical Seperation

And the bottom deck is at 40"
  3. P

It is 16' x 5' wide. The lower level is a freight loop with intermodal storage yard, roundhouse and locomotive storage. Associated track makes up only 20% of the first level and part of the loop is covered. The focal point of the layout are passenger lines on the second level.
  4. P

I am trying to determine what vertical separation I should use between levels assuming that I am not linking them with a track connection. The height of tunnel portals appears to be between 2.75" - 3.0". I am guessing that after adding plywood/sub-roadbed, scenery, etc for the second level...
  5. P

Track Radius Question

Thanks all for your great insight. Your suggestions worked perfectly.
  6. P

Track Radius Question

Wow, thanks to all for your responses. So it sounds like I can insert a smaller radius track within a larger radius curve - ie if I am doing a 180 degree 19" curve, its okay to slip in a 15 degree smaller 14" radius piece in the middle of it?
  7. P

Track Radius Question

This is my first timer posting. I am working in N scale with Kato Unitrack and have a few questions as I am starting to lay track on my updated layout. 1. I am generally trying to use 19" curves but have a few tight spots. Is it possible to insert a smaller radius curve, say a 15 degree piece...

Back