Recent content by NIKO_SUAV3

1. NIKO_SUAV3

Need a locomotive

I personally own a Santa Fe GP9 from Athearn Genesis and find it to be a rather nice model and have had zero issues other than it being fairly crowded under the shell. Only reason I say this is if you buy the DC version, it can be a little tricky to add sound and squeeze in a speaker. I ended up...
  2. NIKO_SUAV3

Opinions on Intermountain Products?

In the Spirit or sharing thoughts and feedback on manufacturers, I thought Id share that I just had a great interaction with Athearn. I stupidly lost the coupler box one of my locomotives during some upgrades I was making, so I decided to call in today in order to find out if they carry the...
  3. NIKO_SUAV3

How do you quit second-guessing your track plan?

This was certainly an interesting read, I too find myself in the planning stages with the inability to commit to anything. To this point I have been tinkering with sectional track so it is fairly easy to "modify' my layout... My problem is that I still have little idea as to what one looks for...
  4. NIKO_SUAV3

You end up winning that loco on the Bay? I still havent really had the time to run them around the track too much, but I still they they were pretty goof value for me being a noobie to this. I think they have superior detail to the Athearn RTR version of the same engine, and comes with DCC...
  5. NIKO_SUAV3

That's where I got mine ha. Snagged 3 for around $60 each. I haven't run them around the track too much but from what I can tell they are pretty solid units. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. NIKO_SUAV3

good news, I am officially 1 for 3 on receiving a fully intact SD40-2 from inter mountain....
  7. NIKO_SUAV3

I agree with that as well, Like I said Ive always had great luck with the Athearn Genesis line, and these are my first two Intermountain models so who know maybe I'm just unlucky. I did roll the dice and order one more Intermountain SD40-2 this time in BN paint, so we will see what the results...
  8. NIKO_SUAV3

Yea, just got in touch with them, and they will either send me replacement parts or I can send in the locomotives and they will correct the issues and mail them back....Now I have to decide...
  9. NIKO_SUAV3

Hello Eveyone, I just had a general question, I recently purchased some SD40-2s from Intermountain and received both with each arriving with something broken. Now these are the first two non-Athearn/Genesis locomotives I've purchased and have to say I am rather disappointed. Is this par for...
  10. NIKO_SUAV3

DCC troubles on an Athearn SW1500

Sad that some people these days lack any shred of integrity... but to be honest I would have never thought to double check this at any point when buying from a LHS
  11. NIKO_SUAV3

Paint scheme for B&O GP7

I actually saw one of these GP7s at the B&O Railroad Museum last week, perhaps a bit more weathered ha. Had a blast checking everything out there. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. NIKO_SUAV3

RS-3's and GP-7 / 9

So I can only speak to the Athearn Genesis GP9. I have two Santa Fe Units and I have to say that I am pretty happy with them, though mine don't have a lot of scale miles on them. I bought both of them in the DC version for less than $70 and ended up putting Tsunami decoders in them. I find that...
  13. NIKO_SUAV3

My First experiment with Sound!

So went to my local hobby shop and picked up a couple of decoder to throw in my new Genesis units. Opted to go with Tsunami TSU-GN1000 decoders after hearing then (sounded good to me, but then again I'm a sound noob). Well soldered one into one of the GP9s I just snagged and let's just say I'm...
  14. NIKO_SUAV3

Got some New toys.

I hope so and look forward to getting them running around the layout. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. NIKO_SUAV3

Got some New toys.

Yea, I did notice that and I'm sure I got some of the paint schemes passenger trains and maybe even locos mixed all together on years they were in service. In terms of where I got these no it wasn't on Train World. I paid $70ea for the GP9s and $120 for the F3 A/B set which are not DCC (I kinda...

Back