Recent content by Neopuron

1. Neopuron

cattle car wheathering help.

When I seen this thread the first thing that came to mind, was not only the weathering aspect, but you could also include the "smell" factor... :D
  2. Neopuron

New layout

What I cant reach from inside the pit, I can get too on the outside. As that area is where I have the space to come into the room. So basically I can stay within a 24" reach almost everywhere. I also have to crawl under to get to the pit, so again other then getting too old to be crawling around...
  3. Neopuron

New layout

Ok so, son got to play on the dual oval on the 4x8 for a few weeks now. I had fun building it, and got my feet wet enough to dive in and take it to the next level. I mentioned the words bigger and hes all about it! So am I! I expanded the table from 4'x8' to 6' 1"x8' (73"x96") Anyway...
  4. Neopuron

Lead weights?

I use pennies too.
  5. Neopuron

Is the economy hurting your hobby?

I have to thank the good Lord that with all the hard times and stories of things happening around the nation my family and I have been very blessed. I just got back into the hobby and have spent a bunch on getting all the stuff to build my table. I had to start from scratch as all I had was...
  6. Neopuron

Track Bed Foam vs Cork

I still have my nails in and I am not using a foam board on top of my MDF 4x8 sheet. Basically its MDF board, WS foam roadbed, then track. Only thing I had to watch out for was going too deep with the nail, that would cause the rail tie to have a slight bend in it. Other then that I think both...
  7. Neopuron

Track Bed Foam vs Cork

So yeah, I went with the foam for WS and I must say it went down with ease. I ended up using the wood glue and tacked it down in place while it dried. I must say it came out very well. I laid down the turnouts first, then followed up with the flex track to get the main line and branch line...
  8. Neopuron

What is this box?

DCC Decoder location??? :p
  9. Neopuron

AnyRail (Trial Version) numbers are off

So yeah, started laying some track tonight; got the mainline down. And hrmmm, pieces are not fitting like they did in the wonderful software diagram. I even went so far as to pin all the snap track pieces in place, make each of them nice and flush and still fall short under a inch on both...
  10. Neopuron

Track Bed Foam vs Cork

Thats just normal yellow wood glue correct?
  11. Neopuron

Track Bed Foam vs Cork

So I went and got 48 feet of this stuff...:D Going to give it a whirl. Do I really need to buy the High Dollar, WS Foam Glue it says on the box, or is there something cheaper/better from the hardware store that will work just as well. Also can I still use the latex caulk for the track to the...
  12. Neopuron

To solder or not to solder the tracks

Train room will be indoors, under AC and Heat of the house so I would assume the climate control would be ok. I can invest in a humidifier to eliminate that as a cause of attacking my woodwork. Bench is pretty solid though . Framed it all out with 2x4 with reinforcements every foot. Also got...
  13. Neopuron

To solder or not to solder the tracks

I was drooling at the idea of soldering all my track joiners together and putting a power feeder on each section of track I am using, (flex or sectional). After researching it a bit more, this is what I noticed; some of the older guys are giving great warnings about doing that. Basically...
  14. Neopuron

Track Bed Foam vs Cork

I've been searching through the forum here and haven't been able to find a lot of information about the Woodland Scenics foam trackbed. Is this stuff if fairly new, hasn't seen much use, or really inst a good idea? Most posts I come across about the trackbed is cork, cork, and more cork...
  15. Neopuron

What do you do for a living?

Senior Network Engineer. Cisco Voice Video and Data and everything in between. :cool: And close to big brother ;)

Back