Recent content by mowman24

1. M

N gauge track

I really want to run 2 loops, on inside another with the inside one having reverse and sidings etc. Also I would have to sell all my O stuff and start all over And no I won't go with z gauge, Just WAY to small for mr big hands
  2. M

N gauge track

well, for my 027 I am planning to build 40 inch wide by 15 ft long table for my garage. But I thought if ai could get it a LOT smaller I could move it into the house.
  3. M

N gauge track

well. that is not a lot smaller than the 027. I have been figuring on going 027,as I have a bunch of equipment and track, but thought about changing but now think not, Thanks for the info.
  4. M

N gauge track

What is the smallest circle that can be made with N gauge. I want to figure how small table I can use.
  5. M

plywood vs OSB

I've still got some of my first. 3/8 through 5/8 ones but I have lost some over the years. Cheap stuff, doesn't bother me to much if it disasters. Am much of a miser that I am I would lose sleep over losing a Snap on wrench. Only wrenches I have like that I picked up at an auction or some...
  6. M

plywood vs OSB

I was gonna switch my order to plywood, but as tight as I am I think I will stay with OSB. as to what happy rock said about tools, I bought my first set of tools as a off brand cheap stuff, and have used them as a pro mechanic for 59 plus years, andmost are still with me. besides It doesn't...
  7. M

plywood vs OSB

see my reply to mixed freight. And actually that much weight different is important also, as I am disabled and nor very strong.
  8. M

plywood vs OSB

I agree with you, never priced furniture grade, but I can buy 4x8 1/2 inch 4 ply sheeting from Menards for $24, and for my 3 rail O gauge setup it will be just fine. And for a miser like me the price is important. And I think I will stay with OSB as I can buy it for $17, as I am a eal penny...
  9. M

plywood vs OSB

Great, that will answer a lot of questions. Thanks
  10. M

plywood vs OSB

So if I understand you right, after the ballast is properly glued down it alone will hold the track. ?
  11. M

plywood vs OSB

12. M

plywood vs OSB

OK plywood it is. Another ? what is best way to fasten track ( 027 ). to the wood if I don't want to use screws or mails. Glue ? but which one hot glue? Elmers in the ballast? construction type glue???
  13. M

How much ballast

another question. I hear about using Ritz's dye to color stuff, but how much dye to say a quart or even a gallon of water??
  14. M

How much ballast

not an answer to my question. I asked nothing about paint, just ballast i
  15. M

How much ballast

If I am using 3 rail 027 track and have nearly 100 feet of track, how much ballast will I need? In cubic feet or quarts or gallons not lbs

Back