Recent content by moogie

1. moogie

First steps

Got started to some bench work over the weekend. This is as far as i have got. This area is where the paper mill and grain elevator will be, still needs a section built onto the front of it. It is sitting on temporary legs at the moment as the lower level is still to be added. The big hole in...
  2. moogie

First steps

Yes the building is a storey and a half. It also means my layout will only be 24" off the floor.:mad: Just enough to step onto. Dont want to loose too much running track. :D There is one point it is 19" the rest is 24"+. :eek::eek::eek::eek: All track is now within a 30" max reach. Not...
  3. moogie

First steps

Paul B, Iron Horseman, thank you you all your help. I wouldn't have sorted this out on my own. To answer a few questions - minimum radius on the main line is a No. 4 (24") and the goods yard is No. 2 (17 1/4") Points - all the points that i have a Peco No2 radius ones (17 1/4") and 6 5/8" long...
  4. moogie

First steps

Playing about last night with the Scarm software, trying to work out what i was going to do with the rest of my layout. One of the small industries will probably be used for a grain elevator and i am going to need a bit of help / advise with the Steel works, just couldn't get a design i was...
  5. moogie

First steps

If only it was part of a bigger layout, :( but sadly 12' x 12' is all the space i have to play with. I don't really know why i made it so big, i just kept adding track, but wouldn't it look good with all those roads full of cars! What number of roads do you think would be needed for the size of...
  6. moogie

First steps

PaulB, in another thread you had suggested what type of industries that a member could have on his layout, coal mine, coke plant etc,. Would you have any ideas for a CP rail layout in and around the Ontario area ? I know (Well it think) that area of Canada produces a lot of grain and some...
  7. moogie

First steps

Thanks Paul. Noel.
  8. moogie

First steps

After reading through these web sites and the use of the scarm software i have eventually came to a design that i am happy with, but i would still like your thoughts on it. It is based on the track plan in the ten Commandments site. It seems to fit my space quite well. Would you have a look at...
  9. moogie

First steps

Thanks for your reply's, sorry i have not got back to you's sooner, got tied up with work. To answer some questions- I have it set out on the floor of the shed just to get an idea of the size and shape of bench work i need to build. The shed is 12 x 12 and has a sloping roof which means my...
  10. moogie

First steps

After reading through numerous pages on this forum and getting lots of ideas, I started tonight to set out a switching yard for my new layout (going in the morning to get the timber) the room is 12' x 12' so should be able to get a fair bit of running track, might try a second deck if i can fit...
  11. moogie

My First Attempt.

I used a small piece of sponge and dabbed the paint on. Dont use too much paint on the sponge keep it fairly dry. Noel.
  12. moogie

Playart

Hi, are Playart H0 models any good? I have been offered three cars, a stock car, a cylinder hopper and a open hopper just want to know if they are worth buying. Thanks, Noel.
  13. moogie

Economy Must be Good

Ha, Ha !!! :D Its a good job you aren't living here in N.Ireland, we are already paying £5.84 for a US gallon ($9.15) Think yourself lucky.
  14. moogie

Caboose

Thanks lads, i didn't realise it was as late as the 80's/90's. Thanks again, Noel.
  15. moogie

Caboose

When did Canadian Pacific stop putting cabooses on the end of goods trains? I am modelling the 1970 period and was just wondering if they were still in use then. Hope this isn't too much of a stupid question. Thanks, Noel. N.Ireland.

Back