Recent content by KansasScout

1. K

Jerome & Southwestern

What was the fate of the original Jerome and Southwestern? I had an idea at one time to build a variant in On30, but have moved on to another project due to some moves and space limitations.
  2. K

On30 in Kansas

Hello, I use the handle Kansas Scout online. I am D. L. Hemmingway and I am building an On30 set in Kansas during Kansas' Coal Mining Days. It's loosely based on a 3 foot gauge railroad that ran in Northeast and North Central Kansas in the 1870s and 1880s. I am going to model in the later Coal...
  3. K

HOn30 Mine Trains Advice

I was thinking of modeling such a plant, but the only Kansas Narrow Gauge a three footer ran from Leavenworth to Moundville a distance of 162 to 163 miles. It was narrow gauge from 1871 to 1889. The railroad was first called the Kansas Central Railway then after a bankruptcy and reorganization...
  4. K

HOn30 Mine Trains Advice

Wheeler1963 here in Kansas mostly in southeast Kansas we had brick plants with small narrow gauge industrial railroads going to and from the plant, the storage yard and clay pits. I don't know about Indiana, but it might take some research to find out. Myself I am tempted to model albeit a...

Back