Recent content by JPIII

1. J

Logging?

I've got 3 logging locos FS. a Mallet, a Climax & a 4-4-0.all DCC. PM for details.
  2. J

Reintroduction of ELL&L RR

I've been off building a hot rod for the last year. I'm back, the layout has been uncovered, spiders chased off,and a little work done....mostly cogitating Here's a link to an old thread.to give ya an idea of where I'm at with it (construction wise)...
  3. DSC011271

DSC011271

Down hill
  4. J

Hello again already

The more I age , the more I'm reminded that dying can get in the way of a lot of stuff. On another note, I don't have access to my photo album that I made here. WTH? I can see pics from it with an address for it, but a message says I don't have access.
  5. J

Hello again already

Thanks. It's a 20 footer. Not a show car, but a driver. I'll make it into a 5 footer given time. Thus far I've replaced the front & rear suspension, the brakes, the engine, tires &wheels, cooling system......but the trans is as it came, with new shift linkage, of course. It will do for now.
  6. J

Hello again already

dunno know if I remember how to post pics. Humm.......looks like "kinda" is the answer. I''ll finger it out.
  7. J

Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Hi Jim, long time, no lies.
  8. J

Hello again already

Ayup, I'm back....damn the bad luck, eh? I took a year off the RR to build a hot rod & get it OTR. I intend to get back to it when the rains come back....the weather gussers say that is tomorrow. The RR has been sitting under light painter's plastic since Sept of last year. Looked part of it...
  9. J

Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Jim: If you want to fishing for something other than bait, you ought to come up this way.:) I'm on the hunt next Tuesday....the tide is right for the rest of next week. Let's hope my old bod is up to it......there is nothing sedate about it.
  10. J

eBay Purchases and Expierience

The bay is quirkey. Some vastly over priced stuff and ads like this one with minimal info...
  11. J

HO track which brand, type

Both rails slide by the spikes. You can solder up a straight connection then bend the new section to a radius. Try that with a single slider.
  12. J

**Notice about Floquil

Are you talking about the fluid one puts in an automobile windshield cleaner tank or something like Windex? I have lots of both around the house so either sounds like a plan.:D I plan to use wood exclusively (hopefully) for structures in keeping with the era.
  13. J

**Notice about Floquil

I've pretty much decided to use craft paints. The color selection is nearly limitless. I object to the prices charged for "modeling paints"....particularly when some from the LHS are a solid lump of crap. The bottle & label must cost more than the paint. It does take some fooling with the...
  14. J

HO track which brand, type

I much prefer Wathers/Shinohara (in code 83) due to its being double slider rail.....a bit more pricy than Atlas but worth every penny......It comes in 1 meter sections.
  15. J

Bachmann Spectrum 2-8-0

Glad to help. The 15" rad. is in the spur to my mill pond/unloading site. I had no plans to use the 2-8-0 on it.....but I too was curious (said the dead cat). The mill yard loco is an 0-6-0 plus an occasional geared loco which all do fine. I just got the 2-8-0 and it was all set up to go after...

Back