Recent content by Josh123

1. J

Help identify what is connected to my Rivarossi Big boy

Thank you for sharing, this sounds great. Great price too. Better than the $60+ the rivarossi motor would have cost.
  2. J

That sounds interesting, so like one of these?
  3. J

Okay I will try to look. Thanks
  4. J

Thanks, I thought of that too but the only motor I see that would work is on eBay. The price isn’t bad but shipping to Canada is more than the product. Do you know anywhere else you could a motor for the locomotive?
  5. J

Thanks for all the information you’ve been very helpful. I’m going to try to clean the connecting bar that was rusty and see where it’s at.
  6. J

2 I believe. The one that’s not connected goes to the second picture.
  7. J

should these wires be connected somewhere? Edit: now when I connect the motor to power it moves!.
  8. J

Thanks for the information, how would I go about removing the decoder? I do have a Bachmann DCC controller but I don’t think I’m skilled enough/have enough experience to add a decoder and I like the simplicity of regular DC.
  9. J

Thanks for all the help guys, I noticed something weird today when I tested the motor directly. It would turn on and do like half a revolution but then stop and I could just hear the motor buzzing. Any thoughts on what might be causing this?. Maybe it’s just very dirty inside and needs a good...
  10. J

Yeah I’m very curious if coke works as well. Would be a cool trick if it actually works.
  11. J

Thanks for the help, would you have any recommendations on how/what to use to clean off the rust?
  12. J

So when I tested the motor it did briefly turn on but I think the contacts might be an issue and it really could use a good clean. The wheels seem to be clean but there is rust on the connecting bar. I can send more pictures if needed
  13. J

Thanks for the reply, when connected it seems like the motor is not getting power, could this be the issue?
  14. J

I bought this locomotive used and when inspecting it I noticed there was a decoder attached to the locomotive. I was wondering if someone could help me identify what this is used for or what it does. When testing it, it didn’t respond Thanks

Back