Recent content by Jaz avalley

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. Jaz avalley

Running Bear's December 2022 Coffee Shop

I have been looking at Keto food for Xmas and found a incredibly low calorie version of meringue, I will try to re her to photograph it before scoffing it. egg white low cal not sugar sweetner i admit I will add lashings of cream my Keto recommends 15-20% fat in food……yeh!!!!!!!!!! and I have...
  2. Jaz avalley

For people who are feeling under the weather I cannot emphasise enough, winter is hard on our bodies less sun, take vit d the sun vitamin with k2 as it controls calcium and apparently helps stop heart attacks when both are taken together, and if already under the weather try low doses of vita...
  3. Jaz avalley

Maybe HE ignored you….
  4. Jaz avalley

Oooh dip the wire in a black brown mix, when dry highlight the wire with silver,looking good as usual.
  5. Jaz avalley

I put like and I do like it,the icicles the snow….however glad it is not here, although we have had the odd whiteout in previous years There was a person in the picture but you could not see them until they got closer hawfrost is thankfully rare here Santa visited And stayed a while evidence of...
  6. Jaz avalley

Static Grass help

You can use wood chip type if no static applicator, but for that sways in the wind effect something has to give I end up with patchier of the really tall stuff but you do not need soldier straight these are less upright but photograph ok in my experience I like it better with a slightly...
  7. Jaz avalley

Static Grass help

Do you do the whole area in one go
  8. Jaz avalley

Static Grass help

Do a smaller area, so the charge is not spread out too far, that will likely help add the grass slowly the more surface area you do in one go the harder the static had to work, it should literally stand up
  9. Jaz avalley

Mini-Scene Monday

KAL bough is the next station, and has several components, there is the sidings, north and south north first
  10. Jaz avalley

Mini-Scene Monday

the last or the corner just before we get back to railways
  11. Jaz avalley

00 gauge, British railway, Goathland Station aka Hogwarts Station a real preservation station in England

I like buying and improving small details, the cheaper the better Model ok colour awful I do not even bother to make it really neat, just slap it on dirty it up use a reference picture now they are not great but compared to the initial pink version! and find a spot on the layout to...
  12. Jaz avalley

Mini-Scene Monday

Passing through a shot straight track area, not big enough for a good station situation so tracks are hidden with a sliding cove area on wooden rails the same area with the cove pushed back and some loose plaster cast cliffs hiding the join and another raf area above there is also a road way...
  13. Jaz avalley

Mini-Scene Monday

Ruins on same spot it’s really easy to shift around as most of the landscape is flat and the road way has no specific identifying features as you pull back you see more than I usually photograph You can see buildings are shifting and below you just see the graveyard for vehicles, to the right...
  14. Jaz avalley

Mini-Scene Monday

This area has no track and when I get bored or open new stuff I can do a ‘new’ layout raf update
  15. Jaz avalley

Static Grass help

Plastic trim better than my metal I added tape to stop me zapping it o n the screw lol

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.