Recent content by Hobbytronics

1. Hobbytronics

Detailing Sea Containers

You can use decals on ribbed surfaces as long as you use micro set and micro sol. Micro sol is the one that will soften the decal and allow it to form to the surface.
  2. Hobbytronics

Power outtage on layout!

Did you put insulator pins on the track? I cant tell from the pics if they are there. The reason I'm asking is because I see them taped the the reverse unit still.
  3. Hobbytronics

Power outtage on layout!

Disconnect it from the track that you have the ballast on and wire it up to a new piece of track and see if it works on the new one. It's possible that you damaged the output transistors on the reverse unit. If you don't have a volt meter you can use a small 12 volt bulb and connect it across...
  4. Hobbytronics

DCC control of MTH Locos

You can convert to DCC, you will have to get a complete system, it does not matter which one you choose, the decoder that you choose will determine the sounds etc. every train has to have a DCC decoder. You can also get decoders without sound as well. Just make sure you get a decoder rated for O...
  5. Hobbytronics

Optical (InfraRed) Grade Crossing Flasher Circuit

They have a sensitivity adj. to control lighting. It has a 2 sec delay so it will not be affected by gaps etc. Does not have sound. No fade, but can be done if wanted. No they are not free, lol. The detector with grade crossing combo will sell for $25. Quantity discounts available.
  6. Hobbytronics

It uses an IR pair Transmitter and Receiver. They are mounted either across or above the track.
  7. Hobbytronics

That one is a IR detector and grade crossing flasher circuit all in one. The IR detector can be modified to do just about any type of detection.
  8. Hobbytronics

Here is my new IR grade crossing and flasher circuit.
  9. Hobbytronics

Wiring Distribution Feeder/Bus Blocks

I was wondering if people would be interested in these boards to make it easier to wire there layouts. If so let me know how many outputs would be good for connecting feeders etc. Here is an example of one.
  10. Hobbytronics

1:87 Scale BIG BOY Loco Model

Yeah I think your right. I was looking at it and its going to need a lot of paint and maybe some weathering.
  11. Hobbytronics

1:87 Scale BIG BOY Loco Model

With all the new hype of the x4014 I thought it would be cool to put together a 1:87 scale model of the big boy.
  12. Hobbytronics

Capacitor discharge unit

If you can take a close up picture of it I will try and help you out with it.
  13. Hobbytronics

Capacitor discharge unit

I make cap discharge circuits if you need one let me know.

Back