Recent content by Hillwilliam

1. H

FastTracks question

-G- Are you using the HOn3 FT's or the combo HO/HOn3 t/o's? When I get the space to build my layout, I hope to put together something based upon an eastern narrow gauge and full size RR interchange. What I envision will be large enough that I sort of feel that the balance in costs...
  2. H

Aerial Photo Tour: RJ Corman Sand Train

Hi! The RJCorman RR to the aluminum plant run is on the old Central City to Russellville line that passed over Wolf Creek, through Lewisburg and Epley's Station. When L&N passed to CSX, I think the line was abandoned or sold to RJCorman. The section between the plant and Central City was...
  3. H

Micro motor for my Hon3

Gary, I'm faced with something similar with a PFM Consolidation. Would like to convert to DCC but space under the boiler is very limited. I'm considering moving the motor to the tender but that would limit space for any DCC circuit board. Who provided the changeout components for your machines...
  4. H

Expanding layout Qyestions.

Brakeman, if it were me, I would consider going beneath the stairs and moving my expansion area adjacent to the stairs unless there is some reason that area is off limits. One man's opinion. Best edj
  5. H

Whoa Nelly!

Whoa Nelly My interest in this hobby started many years ago when things were relatively cheaper, middle incomes were proportionally larger and free time was "Free"er. I agree with Alcoman when it comes to buying RTR. I understand that manufacturers costs are skyrocketing so in order to make...
  6. H

HOn3 Anyone?

WVMM: I sympathize with you on the lack of HOn3 rolling stock availability. I'm currently without a layout but drool lavishly at the photos in MR about EBT, Fiddletown & Great Divide and their extensive track plans.:p Should the opportunity arise, I plan to devise a layout modelling the ET&WNC...
  7. H

Mail Ordering

Thanks all. Looks like I'll keep one copy for reference and the rest will go into the round file. edj
  8. H

Mail Ordering

Thanks for the heads-up Jim. Sometimes if it looks too good to be true, it is. edj
  9. H

Mail Ordering

Has anyone done any business with Historic Rail of Minneysota? :rolleyes: I received a catalog (thanks to multi-sold mailing lists) last week and it has some interesting vehicles in it. :) Thanks edj
  10. H

Veteran's Roll Call: All that served or serving our countries

Rex, if you had rolled out of the back door of the Chief's club on Tract A, you would have been in my back yard. That is if you could have found your way through the motorcycles parked back there. BTW, my biggest layout (HO) was constructed in an upstairs bedroom there. It had Cat-interference...
  11. H

Veteran's Roll Call: All that served or serving our countries

TN Nat Guard 8-56 to 12-56 USN 12-56 to 6-77 USS Cape Esperance T-CVU-88 (Shuttle Yokosuka to Alameda and back and forth) USS E. A. Greene DD-711, RTW Shellback 11-66 NavPhibBase Coronado 59-60 NavSta Gtmo 60-63 NCS Asmara 70-74 (miss this duty) NCS Italy (Napoli) Radioman Ed Johnson
  12. H

Flextrack & curve raduis...

Might try hitting up http://www.enginetender.com/170m.htm and check out the ribbonrail guages offered there? From the wording of the ad, I assume they are still in business with the product. Regards edj
  13. H

Spare Parts Resistance Welder

I believe the copper percentage in N/S rail is somewhere between 55 and 75% copper so the feeder wires should fall into the solderable category. Thanks edj
  14. H

Resistance Welder Many thanks for the schematic. I've got a MIG welder out in the shop but that's a bit overkill for modelling. Having never used one of these, I am wondering how much heat is introduced surrounding (think plastic ties) the joint. It appears this may be a solution to...
  15. H

Resistance Welder I'd sure like a schematic. Might have enough parts except for the cowpastures lying around to build one. Might have to raid a stereo amp for the biggies. :D edj

Back