Recent content by Hawkesburytrain

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. Hawkesburytrain

Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

Almost done with this prototypical covered bridge, all done to scale. I still need to do the ends and affix the roof.
  2. Hawkesburytrain

Staircase from the flag station to the dock almost done. I still need to put a few pillars and fix up some railings. I'm very happy with the look after 50 hours of very fine miniature build.
  3. Hawkesburytrain

Almost done with the lake bank. I still need to add a bit of dirt here and there, small trees, branch debris and finally the brown color water. I’ll be adding a canoe or two. Any other suggestions?
  4. Hawkesburytrain

That's the town. Everything on my layout is based on town names from the area going to Montreal, but everything is fictitious, or as we would say "Protolance". Prototypical for the names and Freelance for the rest.
  5. Hawkesburytrain

WHAT??? 70 industries? I have 18 and I was told I was crazy to have so much...lol
  6. Hawkesburytrain

Small operation test. The Alco S2 departed St Eugene to deliver and pick up 5 cars and then headed to Hawkesbury rail yard. The place is a CP shop (workbench) where the cars are examined for couplers, wheels, weight, and weathering.
  7. Hawkesburytrain

Thanks Otis, yes my towns are very civilized, if people don't listen, they get the boot....lol. Nope not yet, it's still in it's original box, waiting for the right time....soon.
  8. Hawkesburytrain

Thanks Willie, here's where I'm at now, still need weathering and streaks.
  9. Hawkesburytrain

So it's been a while, but was busy at work. I've been working on my covered bridge for almost a month now and I'm waiting on my rails, spikes and Tie plates to come in so I can finish the bridge. I decided to work on a small area still not finish and that's the area behind the train station. I...
  10. Hawkesburytrain

Best place to buy electronic parts?

Being from Canada also, NOTHING from the US because of shipping to Canada is way out of control and you can get much cheaper from AliExpress, Ebay and Amazon. I order lots of Arduino stuff and it's all from China. The ONLY problem is shipping time (30-45 days), but I usually plan for what I...
  11. Hawkesburytrain

Monthly Picture Thread - June 2021

Thanks Willie, looks better in person thought.
  12. Hawkesburytrain

Monthly Picture Thread - June 2021

Lat job of the day for the CP Alco S2.
  13. Hawkesburytrain

Still working on my covered bridge. Interior and outside walls are done and so is the roof. The floor was done, but needs to be corrected (the boards need to be removed as they were installed once the rails were removed). Now I'm working on the piers. I need to figure out if the rails were...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.