Recent content by Gregjl

1. G

Prototype question

I've seen that part of a train of course but never thought it might be considered a separate part with a name and a function. I've searched for websites to learn more about parts of a diesel locomotive (my original question) but all I learn is that I can buy parts to fix my loco, if I had one. I...
  2. G

Prototype question

Okay I'll ask, what's an anti=climber? Also, I'm modeling in N scale and so far I'm thinking they can only be so faithful.
  3. G

Prototype question

Hello All, Does anyone know the purpose of the piece of metal that surrounds the front coupler on an ES44AC or similar? Would it be a cow catcher? Snow plow, rock deflector. This seemed like a good place to ask a general question. Thanks
  4. G

Building my first layout

Just don't burn it.
  5. G

Building my first layout

That foam is a lot of fun to work with, rocks, creeks, tunnel entrance.
  6. G

Sharing track voltage

Thanks for the reply, it makes more sense now. Nice pic, they should use a pic like that in the instructions. It would have at least raised the questions of where's the track wire and what's the cat wire for?
  7. G

Kato turnout and power routing ?

Hi, I'm new at this but I'm so new I still have the instructions that came with my kato turnout. Any chance it's kato? Well here's some of it, Nonpower routing feature supplies power to both lines of track without interruption, frog power on prevents stalling of small locos while passing over...
  8. G

Running Bear's Coffee Shop August 2018

That's the spirit! Sounds like if you didn't need an iced tea that sprinkler would have stayed right where it was.
  9. G

Sharing track voltage

I'm a noob and not really sure what loconet is, assuming it's a computer / internet source of running trains. I have a power cab running the trains and apparently controlling the decoder, it seems fine now. It's almost as though the power supply didn't do anything.
  10. G

Good morning, 65 and fair in north Jersey. And it's about time it's a little more pleasant.
  11. G

Sharing track voltage

Hello again, I must be missing something, I started out borrowing power from my tracks to power a ds64 to operate switches and it worked great, in an effort to do it right I bought a power cord (ps14), it's the one that goes with it. I disconnected the track wires and powered up with the cord...
  12. G

Terry, Sorry to hear about your wife.
  13. G

Hi Everybody
  14. G

Sharing track voltage

Hi All, I did some research and found my stationary decoder was sold ala carte, now I'll order up the power supply cord that goes with it. The original question was about lights, I'll run lights off one of the terminals. Greg
  15. G

Sharing track voltage

Thanks for the link, I read it and should probably read the book that came with the power cab. I have one n scale loco so I have a while before I've reached any limits. For the sake of trouble shooting I'll keep things separate (for the most part)

Back