Recent content by Greg@mnrr

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. Greg@mnrr

Mounting Circuit Boards under the layout

I mount my circuits on pieces of pine at least 1x4's or larger and either hang them vertically or horizontally. This is my power area for my DCC, Booster, lighting, switch machine and LED power all mounted on a piece of older pine board. Some items are mounted on the reverse side of the...
  2. Greg@mnrr

No-Ox or Graphite Treatment substitutes for multiple Track Cleaning

Beiland: Here's the web address where I copied the photo of the PECO turnout. https://gaugemasterretail.com/magento/rightlines-article/deluxe_materials_track_magic.html I read very favorable comments on the use of Track Magic and Joe Fugate of MRH magazine strongly suggests the use of the...
  3. Greg@mnrr

Go Away Green

The use of color can be very effective. Flat black is another color (or absence of color) that is used to make items disappear. Items like support columns, pipes, support legs when painted flat black the eye will not see that item as if it disappeared. Gloss and semi-gloss paint will reflect...
  4. Greg@mnrr

North Metro MRRC

What a great model railroad club and I like the consistency of the scenery and construction of the layout. I just may plan a trip ti the area to see the layout during an open house. Greg
  5. Greg@mnrr

Running Bear's September 2021 Coffee Shop

Tom: I have three drones that only one one has seen and flying time. I have to get going before cold weather gets here. Greg
  6. Greg@mnrr

No-Ox or Graphite Treatment substitutes for multiple Track Cleaning

It appears to be rust on the rails.....??? Or it is some chemical reaction to some thing that came into contact with the rails. I would try using Magic Track, since graphite only would improve electric contact. The rails need a good cleaning as well as the contacts a minor cleaning. Greg
  7. Greg@mnrr

Good Morning everyone heavy thunderstorm this morning and now just a heavy over cast. We needed the rain with the near drought conditions. Just enough rain to keep our lawn semi-green. The contractor came last week and applied the late summer fertilizer to the lawn. Tom, Garry & Willie...
  8. Greg@mnrr

Controller issues

Or dirty track or even loose rail joiners. Just a thought, your Varey 0-4-0 make just be losing contact with the rails due to its short wheel base since your other locomotive don't appear to have the same problem. A 0-4-0 is very short wheel and is likely to be subject to losing contact. Greg
  9. Greg@mnrr

Garry: Years ago when the Packers were in their terrible years, I built a Campbell Howe Truss bridge at the kitchen table during each Packer game and by season's end I have a beautiful wood bridge for my layout. I had a spot picked out for the bridge and installed it one Sunday afternoon. The...
  10. Greg@mnrr

Looking for the Toggle Switch Face Plates

I'm looking for the toggle switch face plates used on the Model Railroad Video Plus Rehab My Railroad "Jones Island" project series. They were installed on the layout's fascia. I could only read what looked like Rail Crew or something close. The plates looked like they were made of aluminum...
  11. Greg@mnrr

Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

My new Rapido GE B36-7 (Southern Pacific) locomotive arrived in the mail yesterday. While still in its protective packaging, I can see the many fine details on this locomotive. Tomorrow, hopefully I'll start the breaking period. A complete manual filled with humor accompanies the locomotive...
  12. Greg@mnrr

Rapido SW1200 Locomotives - Out of the Box Running Problems

Correction....should be SW1200 not SW1500! Sorry. Greg
  13. Greg@mnrr

Comment by 'Greg@mnrr' in media '1A69628F-E550-45FC-ADFE-E3643A08970C.jpeg'

Tom: I've said it before and will say it again...great job on your recreation of a paper mill. Keep up with the great modeling! Greg
  14. Greg@mnrr

Feeders are "buzzing" on DCC layout

Just one word of caution about using suitcase connectors. Be positive that the connectors you are using are designed for the wire size you are using for feeders. Don't be tempted to use the wrong size suitcase connector(s) even through it appears that you have a solid connection. Suitcase...
  15. Greg@mnrr

Rapido SW1200 Locomotives - Out of the Box Running Problems

Hello to all. I have a question regarding the new release of the Rapido SW1200 locomotives. I read or heard that some or many of the locomotive have rough running out of the box due only to excess lube on the wheel-sets. Once the wheel-sets are cleaned the locomotives will run like a Rapido...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.