Recent content by fen7777

1. F

Walther background building-- is track distance

I'm planning on using Walther's background buildings along the wall. I notice the "thickness" of the buildings vary. Are the buildings designed such that one track can service them when more than one building is use along side another? Marshall:confused:
  2. F

Shinohara flange depth

The turnout is code 83. I have been using small needle files to fix areas where the wheels are forced to ride above the rail. So far, fix one frog as you enter the diamond. Also noticed in the diamond that there is no extra play. The wheels are so snug between the running rail and the flange...
  3. F

Shinohara flange depth

Shinohara flange depths Carey, They are RP25. Weren't the pizza cutters RP27? In watching closely, I can see the wheel ride up on top of the rail and then come down in the gap before it encountering the frog point. I've checked it with the NMRA gauge and it appears to be in gauge. The...
  4. F

Shinohara flange depth

I have a Shinohara double crossover where the trucks ride up through the flange ways when entering the the diamond portion. Makes for a very rough ride and frequent derailments. I wondering if anyone else has had this problem and discovered a solution. I was thinking about filing the...

Back