Recent content by FCL2117

1. F

Press Release from Atlas Model Railroad Co. Inc.

I notice they don't say where production has moved to, but many companies are finding that re.-shoring, ie, bringing production back to North America, makes sense. Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose
  2. F

Csi: Ttfh

From the pictures, it looks to be set up in 'blocks', with two controls, cab a and cab b, so that you could run two different engines. The switches on the side are used to determine which cab is powering the different parts of the track. The blocks are electrically insulated from each other...
  3. F

anyone with a 3d printer

I know there's a guy doing things like CN snowplows via shape ways, they look pretty impressive. You could probably find him with a search, I think it's Sbhunter . Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose
  4. F

Creepy...

In several shots you can see the Diesel engine pulling or pushing them, about 25 seconds or so the engineer leans out the window. Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose
  5. F

Longest train in the world!

Notice that the front half of the train went through a different loader than the back half, the way the cars are loaded is different. Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose
  6. F

N Scale track questions- new to hobby

I expect that when you see the references to 18" minimum radius, that's generally HO scale. Most 'train sets' in HO come with that. In N scale, it would be equivalent to a 9" radius, which sounds like what you have. In short, it will work fine for the most part, but bigger radius is better...
  7. F

Telegraph wire?

Actually, 'tension' is an old term used for voltage, and the high tension lines sag just the same around here. Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose
  8. F

Using Sketch-up, a CAD program for latest build

The neat thing about sketch up is that pele have drawn all kinds of buildings and things that are available to download, you can use them as the basis for models. Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose
  9. F

Snow fighting equipment....

CN had some for use in branch lines where there no places to turn them. Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose
  10. F

Advice converting dc locos to dcc

If you go to tcsdcc.com, there is a series of pictures and instructions on installing a decoder in that loco. I'd copy the link, but it's too hard to do with a tablet this time of day, lol. Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose
  11. F

NMRA Membership?

That's an interesting perspective. You would prefer that no models come with compatible couplers, and that all dc and dcc systems are incompatible and run on different voltages. Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose
  12. F

The state of Model Railroading

I would blame the layers of vultures that are stealing you blind. Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose
  13. F

Programming Track Wiring...

Is it possible that one, or both, of the trucks are able to turn 180 degrees? Try it, if you can rotate them, do one, see if it helps, if not, turn it back and then do the other, if not, turn the first one as well, if that doesn't help, put them both back how you started. If you have a...
  14. F

Ads be gone!

Another helpful tip: do not use google for searches. Use something like duckduckgo dot com, then google ads won't base the ads it sends you on your search history. You'll get different ads, of course, but they'll be different. Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose
  15. F

Carstens Publishing and RMC

If they were on pay to play, I expect they didn't have enough of a line of credit, probably the banks wanted personal guarantees. Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose

Back