Recent content by Dukea01

1. D

BUDD RDC locomotives, particularly the Proto 1000 models

I have one that is 25 years old and another that is the Walthers version, so newer. Both have Digitrax decoders in them. The Walthers is a sound unit. They both run very well. I know about the cracked gear issue but neither of mine have experienced that and I don't know if it is the same axle as...
  2. D

Athearn GP7 Blue Box chassis question.

Thanks for the suggestion. I saw the "chop nose" kit on Ebay while I was looking for a powered chassis. That is another idea!
  3. D

Good thought. I think Athearn only made high nose models of the GP's. Maybe that is the reason. Thanks for the thought! I will do some research on that.
  4. D

I have been thinking that too. I found some "modern" motors for Athearn engines and I just found some geared trucks on Ebay. I don't know if Athearn used the same trucks on other engines, or if I have to find GP trucks. I'm thinking that Athearn may have a parts catalogue that I can research...
  5. D

I built this GP about 25 years ago. It is unpowered. It was a high nose. I cut down the nose, made the front wall and did some detailing. It is a model of an actual WM GP that had a red reflective nose marking for a short time. I would like to power this engine up. I'm looking for any...

Back