Recent content by dennis461

1. dennis461

Kadee PLASTIC couplers

Someone write a letter to Kadee. Add the word "plastic" on the bag!
  2. dennis461

Switching Saturday

More logs...
  3. dennis461

Digitrax DCC for Bachman loco

This one is pretty small. SDXN147PS N Scale Series 7 Sound Decoder https://www.digitrax.com/products/sound-decoders/sdxn147ps/
  4. dennis461

Necessary dcc equipment

I don't think DCC is a simpler or easier "mechanical build" You still have to connect a machine to the turnout.
  5. dennis461

Best DCC Sound Board?

AS the professor wrote... "Most all DCC decoders are dual capable, DCC and DC.." But to check the status you need a DCC decoder. Most decoders come preset to address 3, and DC (analog mode) enabled. I you buy something used, it may have been changed. I turn all of my decoders DC (analog mode)...
  6. dennis461

Let's Talk Couplers...

Most folks call them horn-hook couplers. And yours are broken or modified to remove the pin that sticks down for uncoupling. You should keep all couplers the same so they can hook up. If you have "no intention of replacing all of my couplers", the OK.
  7. dennis461

How to find a sound decoder that works in mantua

I use XLSystems model 1911 sound decoder with 28mm speaker when the tender has enough room. My most recent purchase (today) it seems the baffle is put on the wrong side of the speaker? Be real careful drilling hole in tender floor for speaker.
  8. dennis461

Bachmann 4-8-4 Northern (HO) derails,...engine or track initiated?

Thread is almost two years old. Are you still struggling?
  9. dennis461

Layout around room, door gap challenge

How often do you need to get into the closet? What size stuff is kept in there? I think 48" is too long for a tilting bridge, it might hit the ceiling? Maybe a vertical elevator section?
  10. dennis461

Southern pacific ac-11 cab forward

Does it have the large flanged wheels, which makes code 83 track a problem? I've got one that stays in a box :(
  11. dennis461

Kadee Coupler Gauge Question

Is your engine steam or diesel?
  12. dennis461

Western Wednesday

What's up with that road number?
  13. dennis461

Back at the Throttle, RED BANK , NJ

Hmm, NJ has more than one Red Bank, you're in North Jersey.
  14. dennis461

Running Bear's July 2023 Coffee Shop

86 degrees at 8:00, predicted 96 in Atco NJ. Town named after the Atlantic Transport Company. Trains still run through here from Philadelphia to Atlantic City.
  15. dennis461

Converting a Tyco 4-6-0 to DCC with TCS Wowsound.....

Let's see a picture of motor. If it looks like this it is a simple job to isolate the motor...

Back