Recent content by DaytonPiquaRR

1. DaytonPiquaRR

Nifty tutorial about bricks and stone

I guess I already said that already.
  2. DaytonPiquaRR

Primarily, this would be used if you do not want a flat printed surface, but a true 3 dimensional texture. I know it is easier to print something, but if you want to be more of a perfectionist this is a better way to do masonry if the scale is appropriate to show the detail. There is a...
  3. DaytonPiquaRR

They sure did. I am sure you could use a paper cutter to speed it up. I was thinking you could use this to make bridge abutments. Instead of buying a pre-made one or molding one, you could simply build the basic shape out of wood and then glue on the "stones". Then give it a color wash and...
  4. DaytonPiquaRR

Well, I haven't posted in a while. Seems I have gotten side tracked (no pun intended). I have to finish a dollhouse miniature for my daughters so the layout is on hold, but due to the dollhouse ladies over at the Greenleaf forums, someone pointed out this excellent tutorial on how to make...
  5. DaytonPiquaRR

How perfectly dry do we need to be?

If this is the case, how do the G scale outdoor layouts get away with being however humid it might be that day and also endure rain, sleet, and snow, and even ice?
  6. DaytonPiquaRR

Hello to everyone, I am new.

Welcome aboard!!
  7. DaytonPiquaRR

Attention Steam and Steel Fans!

Anyone know how to model molten steel?
  8. DaytonPiquaRR

I have to design a 4 x 8 O, N, HO Scale Layout by Monday

Sounds like a fun and challenging opportunity there. I wouldn't want the pressure to come up with something to showcase what is best for an LHS owner when the hobby is so versatile (thats just me) Anyway, keep us updated on your decision, plans, and future work.
  9. DaytonPiquaRR

Show Your Face

What is that weapon you are holding soldier?
  10. DaytonPiquaRR

Show Your Face

Last years picture of me.
  11. DaytonPiquaRR

Model this!

Try this one; (must have flash installed on your computer) http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=41.152049&lon=-100.84004&z=15.1&r=0&src=aska This is the Bailey Railroad Yard in North Platte, NE. Description: This may be the largest and busiest railway yard in the world, where more than half of...
  12. DaytonPiquaRR

Model this!

If I'm not mistaken, that is the salvage/scrap yard. I grew up in Florida and my dad owned a garage. We hauled many cars there for scrap behind the wrecker. His garage was right along the right of way for the FEC.
  13. DaytonPiquaRR

Benchwork progress

Maybe future issues of Model Railroader magazine and membership to the NMRA will include a standard prenuptial agreement as part of the price, just for the benefit of new unmarried members.
  14. DaytonPiquaRR

Benchwork progress

Nothing like the smell of sawdust in the morning :eek: It isn't much yet. I starting building some support structure as I am doing some design work on the actual track plan. It seems the research and consideration is harder to do than actually building the the benchwork. Here...
  15. DaytonPiquaRR

N scale dimensions

WoW! Imagine driving along, minding your own business when that happens.

Back