Recent content by Danielsville&SlackertonRR

1. Danielsville&SlackertonRR

Bachmann HO 3 Truck Shay Bevel gears again

Thank you for the reply. I will check it out
  2. Danielsville&SlackertonRR

Advanced Consisting and JMRI

Ok. I get it now. Thanks for the help. Another question. Is there a way to set up the consist in a way where the lead loco "changes" depending on what direction the consist is going? For example, let's say our lead engine is #1234 and our other engine in the consist is #5678. They would be...
  3. Danielsville&SlackertonRR

Really? I guess I will have to try it out on JMRI with a different set of locos with ESU decoders
  4. Danielsville&SlackertonRR

Thank you for the suggestion, but I think I figured it out. Apparently, with ESU decoders, you need to use the LokProgrammer to build consists. That would explain why nothing was working as it should. I just need to make some tweaks and it will be fine. Again, thank you
  5. Danielsville&SlackertonRR

Hello! Is there anyone here with moderate experience with JMRI? I am trying to create some consists using Decoder Pro. I have tried to create an advanced consist using my DCC system (NCE) but it didn't work as I had expected. Basically, only the lead unit responded to any commands. It also...
  6. Danielsville&SlackertonRR

Passenger car lighting kits

Will these work with Athearn? I imagine they will, but I don't want to shell out money only to find out they won't work.
  7. Danielsville&SlackertonRR

Not yet. I plan on doing so in the future
  8. Danielsville&SlackertonRR

Bachmann HO 3 Truck Shay Bevel gears again

Sorry to ask in this thread, but does anyone know who can change the gears to the NWSL metal gears as a service? I have the metal gears already. I'm just afraid of screwing it up and breaking something.
  9. Danielsville&SlackertonRR

Running Consists With Foreign Power

It's your layout. Run whatever you want. If you want to have an 0-6-0 MU'd with a mix of GE, EMD, and ALCO 6-Axle diesels of various road names while doing a caboose hop, more power to you.
  10. Danielsville&SlackertonRR

I have a question about lighting kits for passenger cars. I have 4 Athearn Bev-Bel 6 axle passenger cars that I would like to install lighting in. I would like to find a lighting kit that is very simple to install. What would be the best choice for my needs? I have metal wheels already to go.
  11. Danielsville&SlackertonRR

Making mountains

Thank you for the advice. I went with the cardboard strip method because I have a overabundance of cardboard that I didn't want to just throw out.
  12. Danielsville&SlackertonRR

Making mountains

I'm currently making my mountain on my layout using the cardboard strip method and covering them with plaster infused gauze. My question is, do I need to cover the plaster cloth with plaster in order to paint and fill my mountain with scenery or can I paint over the cloth
  13. Danielsville&SlackertonRR

Proto 2000 steam locomotive repair

It's a shame because, to me, it's a nice looking engine that would be perfect for what I need, if it weren't for this problem. I would like to keep it if it can be repaired. However, it looks like I may just have to take it back
  14. Danielsville&SlackertonRR

I will try to give them a call tomorrow during my lunch break
  15. Danielsville&SlackertonRR

I deal with them all the time, so they give me a discount on everything. I will talk to them on Monday

Back