Recent content by Cobra GT

1. C

HO scale speedometer

thanks bnsf i ordered one today but i am also ordering all the set up from Bachrus to go with JMRI DecoderPro set up. i am fixing to get me a new laptop and go with that software. it is just another thing to buy and fool with. but i am looking forward to getting the JMRI software with the...
  2. C

HO scale speedometer

I am looking at HO scale speedometers, there are a few different brands out there the MRT Accutrack, SpeedTrak by Toth Electronics, and the MTS model at Brachus. I was wondering if anyone has any of these models and some input of what you think, thanks.
  3. C

steam locos?

The new layout is going to be roughly 14' x 6'
  4. C

18" radius turns WT&^%$^&%$&^%$#&

You hit the nail on the head "usually" but I have not seen an ad that states this, not to say their isn't I have not seen one yet. Or better yet you should have said that they should state this...
  5. C

I am not blaming the loco maker,what I was starting is I have a sd70 that makes the turn no problem you would think a smaller loco would too that's all.
  6. C

steam locos?

Thanks guys I do have a 4x8 layout but that lasted all but about a month I am in the process of building a larger layout that should have about 200' of mainline so size shouldn't be a problem. I am a little leary about buying Bachmann I like to buy the best I can, except I'm not going brass, I'm...
  7. C

I am surprised that non of the guys that are anal about prototype modeling arn't jumping on this thread and saying that that thing shouldn't be running on that turn it doesn't look right. I am a racer from way back and I am more performance directed instead of prototypical I guess. "All show &...
  8. C

All is well fellows I got the Intermountain SD 40 to work on the test oval. I am using Pecos flex and it must be close to 18" radius turns. I guess my complaint is when I ordered it non of the adds, Model Train Stuff, Train World etc, don't give you minimum radius turns, it sucks that you have...
  9. C

problem solved this time really switched to some Kadee 146 whiskers and grinded about an 1/8 or 3/16 inch of the draft box and she is running and making the turns just fine maybe i might but another Intermountain loco maybe!!!!!!!!
  10. C

ha ha i found a quick fix for the problem just run the botch without couplers handles the turns with no problem real nice loco Intermountain i be ordering 10 more this week
  11. C

Is anyone sick of buying a new loco and when you get it in the mail it can’t make it around an 18" radius turn? I just got an Intermountain SD40-2 loco in today and I put it on my test track to program it up and go on around the track and it derails in the turn, wtf. I have bigger six axle locos...
  12. C

steam locos?

I am fixing to get into steam logos as I have never had one. Can anyone help me to go in the right direction. I like the big ones 4884 big boy and I like the shady just don't know what direction to in first thanks
  13. C

truck problems Bowser c630m

Has anyone ever had problems with the trucks on a Bowser c630m loco? The trucks do not have enough turning travel to make a 18" turn. I have several larger units that can make that turn at wide open speed. Also when I took the thing apart the trucks dont go back together as they should wheel...
  14. C

laptop power supply

Wt&$/# the sb5 would be the most expensive one but if that is what I need that's the one.
  15. C

LED's and 470 ohm resistors

They are radio shack leds 3v I think I put a resistor any way and it is bright enough the. Board is worth than the loco trainline gp9m. I ordered the decoder and speaker when I ordered my power cab. Thanks guys for your help. Peace.

Back