Recent content by cfinchum

1. C

Weeekly Photo Fun 3/2 - 3/8

My layout With all the questions I have asked I thought I would post some pics of my long in progress layout. It's about 27 by 11 ft. I call it the Hope railroad, because one day I hope to get it done. Thanks for those who have answered my questions. CF.
  2. C

P2K gp-9 wrong direction

Got the motor to spin. Did not have a good ground. Going to rebuild loco today and see what happens. If football doesn't get in the way.CF
  3. C

ok ok ok my last one....

Has anyone's wife or gf asked if you run them into each other like the Adams family? After I showed her the cost of my brass steamer I don't get asked THAT anymore.CF
  4. C

NY Harbor Belt

That the detail holds up on the closeup shots is just fantastic. You sir are true artist. Thanks for sharing.CF
  5. C

P2K gp-9 wrong direction

I wished you had answered the first time I posted. The only thing I could fine in the wonderful digitrax manual about reversing direction was changing cv-29 to 6 or 7. When that didn't work I just reset it back to factory. Now I just need to trouble shoot why the motor won't spin and start over...
  6. C

P2K gp-9 wrong direction

Digitrax. Just trying to figure out why motor does not want to spin now with power put to it. When the first time I converted it I used a dummy plug to test it. ran fine. always something.CF
  7. C

P2K gp-9 wrong direction

Well, Tried reversing trucks. Put engine back on track and it sent a short to layout. Have now taken it apart. Tried a new harness and put orange wire to top of motor and gray to bottom. Hooked the black to the frame. Now no power to motor. have motor out of frame and still the motor does not...
  8. C

P2K gp-9 wrong direction

Thanks. The lights are not hooked up, But Larry you may have the answer. because I tried it with a dummy plug on dc and it did the same thing. I'll try reversing the trucks. Rats, I was really proud of myself because I did a nice and tidy install on this one, o'well,, live and learn. CF
  9. C

P2K gp-9 wrong direction

Hey guys. I converted a p2k gp-9 to dcc. I installed a digitrax dh-123. now the loco goes backward when forward direction is selected on the dt-400. I doubled checked wiring, orange wire to top of motor, gray to bottom. both trucks to red wire and black to ground. Tried changing cv-29 to 7. When...
  10. C

Weathering videos

Thanks for the tips guys,. I've seen some of big Al' videos. CF
  11. C

Weathering videos

The weathering you guys do is very impressive, Can anybody recommend some youtube videos on weathering. I know there are a ton of them, but weeding thru them is tedious. Also, at 58 years old the old fart in me has a hard time taking advice from 12 year olds. If any of you have a youtube video I...
  12. C

manufacture date

This might be a better example of what I was thinking, Lets say at a train show dealer A has an Athearn f-7 for 125 dollars, couple of rows over dealer B as an f-7 for 100 dollars. If the f-7 dealer A has is a newer run then that might be the better deal, If I could tell which loco was the...
  13. C

manufacture date

Good one Tom. CF
  14. C

manufacture date

The point I was clumsily trying to ask was in being a better educated buyer.CF.
  15. C

manufacture date

Galaxy, That was what I was trying to say. You put it so much better. Not to cheat sombody, but to find out when it was made or tooled in your words which, does sound better CF.

Back