Recent content by CbarM

1. CbarM

Tips for a complete noob!!

I appreciate the feedback! I was just fooling around with em n the horizontal streaks were the first lines I shot...the rest was a very rookie weathering attempt. I kinda like how the swift car turned out...but these will continue to be 'test' cars...and then eventually maybe become yard...
  2. CbarM

I saved about a dozen of these old Bachmann cars just for this purpose...I knew eventually Id get around to em. This is my very first attempt at painting anything with an airbrush, and here are both sides of these 4 cars. What do you think, and what can I try next?? These cars were pristine...
  3. CbarM

January 2017 Photo Fun!

Its always nice seeing your stuff Montanan!!
  4. CbarM

Hey guys, I have done alot of modelling and always sent my custom detailed models off to a local painter. Ive decided to try this myself. Ive got an Iwata dual action brush, 8 gallon air compressor with regulator and water filter. I mainly have Tamiya and Model Master paints and a couple...
  5. CbarM

January 2017 Photo Fun!

Hey guys heres my trio of slightly modified Athearn blue box SD40-2's...just about ready for the paintshop!! Been working on these over the last few days...just waiting on wipers for the one on the right now...
  6. CbarM

More custom paint schemes

Hey Littlefoot, it took me a bit, but here is a pic of your work that came to life. I have other pics, and I will post em when I can load em. Athearn RTR GP60M, RPP/Athearn drive 8-40CW and a Walthers Trainline GP38, all Tsunami equipped. I have 1 more 8-40CW and 1 more GP38 done in this scheme.
  7. CbarM

Heres a bigger pic of the Dash 8 you did...
  8. CbarM

Hey Littlefoot, glad to see your doing good n still around here! I did some digging in some old files and managed to find your drawings with my paint scheme. I decided to 'freshen' up my fleet and come up with a new paint scheme. What do you think of these?
  9. CbarM

Modelling damaged locos and cars

Has anyone custom modelled damaged locos or rolling stock? I want to do 1 or 2, but make it realistic. Ive been told that by using aluminum foil in place of body panels and then laying it over will produce a realistic appearance...whats your alls opinions?
  10. CbarM

Well it looks like this thread has been dead for another couple of years...so Im resurecting it again. Littlefoot, are you still around? For some reason all the pics have dissapeared that you had done for me and others. Do you happen to have them saved anywhere? I did have 2 of the 8-40CW's...
  11. CbarM

Loco lighting without a decoder...is it possible?

Im using the SM0402's that I solder magnet wire onto. These I believe are 3.2V max and yes, it is an NCE DCC system. So I would be pretty close with a 100 ohm resistor for each?
  12. CbarM

Any clubs in the Medicine Hat, Alberta area?

I was just at Avalon yesterday and asked the shop owner if the local club was still running. He said they are. I was at their layout once and from what I remember it was only half finished and it turned out to be more of a BS session then an operating session. Every Thursday night is when...
  13. CbarM

Loco lighting without a decoder...is it possible?

Im curious if its possible to have loco lighting in a dummy without a decoder? Ive been using 0402's and wondered if I could wire em to a rail wiper with a 1000K ohm resister?
  14. CbarM

DCC in a motorcar??

Wow!! Got pics?? Where did you get a sound decoder for something like that...or does the Ford have a 645 turbo buried under the hood? LOL
  15. CbarM

DCC in a motorcar??

Thats cool ^^ I gotta see about gettin me one of those!

Back