Recent content by Buzz

1. B

Back at it.

That makes me feel better then. I even used the atlas plans and atlas software and it came out larger than the drawn plan. I found a nice little yard in 101 track plans, it was drawn 3 3/4' x 18" Mine was almost 5' long and over 30" wide. I dug out all of my old track. I may lay it out...
  2. B

Back at it.

I just click in the window at the bottom that says "write reply's here"? I have been busy working on the room, getting junk moved out and ready to go to either donations, friends or the dump. Made a bit of progess. Trying to rearrange the bench for best usage of space. Moved all the...
  3. B

Back at it.

You are correct about the ottumwa central being more about ops. Yet, if you pulled it away from the wall a bit, let the loop at the south end, the one around the diesel service buildings, go back up along the wall, it would make a full pass around the layout before going to the lower level. I...
  4. B

Back at it.

In N scale, it is 7 feet by 7 feet. If I put the curve around lake lumber in the corner, then extend the leg of the layout to the right, for the full length of the wall, 13 feet, that adds 5 feet, it would be in the closet, that still leaves me with 4 feet of open closet. If I pulled the curve...
  5. B

Back at it.

It sounds like I have a ton of space, on the top I have 8 feet, long wall is 13 feet, then a short narrow 6 feet but 30 inch wide. Just enough for a turn around with 14", 14.5". Might be batter to make it a yard or industry area? If I extended the Ft Edward/Tupper Lakes end down , I could...
  6. B

Back at it.

The one looks like it has a real reach problem, but in N scale, it is not that bad. But I was thinking 36" is the limit this old man can reach without a anti grav lift. I did see one in "101 More track plans", a narrow shelf. I would rearrange it so it is a single level shelf. I could...
  7. B

Back at it.

My post seems to have disappeared? I have really been studing track plans from 101 track plans. I was only looking at the main lines, now I have really looked at the other parts, branch lines, yards, sidings, how the tracks are laid out to service a business or 2. I tried to draw them in...
  8. B

Back at it.

I don't see many toppings on that pizza layout? Bet the dough is a might bit hard to chew too. I an debating weather to buy the lic for anyrail? I was going to start a new design, using the area I have, build just the switching area, industries and such, copy it into the full layout. I think...
  9. B

Back at it.

I have been in, out, in, out, out, in, more out than in. As I was let go on the 2nd, been looking at things to keep my mind going and things to keep me busy. I have thought about tearing out the back room, it used to be my work space and play space, one side had my work laptop, dual monitors...

Back