Recent content by Brakeman Hal

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. Brakeman Hal

DISGUSTED WITH EBAY

I have asked EBAY many times to send me O-Scale TWO RAIL steam locomotives only, but everything they send me is 3-Rail. Hal
  2. Brakeman Hal

DISGUSTED WITH EBAY

Every notice I get from ebay saying they have an O-Scale 2-Rail steam loco turns out to be an O-Scale 3-Rail from the MTH model number or a picture of the underside of the loco showing the center rail pickup rollers. The Dash-1 at the end of the MTH model number indicates 3-Rail, and a Dash-2...
  3. Brakeman Hal

Has Atlas Acquired all of MTH Tooling Since they Stopped Production?

I talked to ATLAS today, and they said they will be manufacturing O-Scale 3-Rail only in Steam and Diesel. No 2-Rail production. So long, ATLAS! Hal
  4. Brakeman Hal

Has Atlas Acquired all of MTH Tooling Since they Stopped Production?

I'm looking for an O-Scale 2-Rail Steam Loco with DCC and Sound, preferably a 2-8-0 Consolidation or a 2-6-0 Mogul with Western road names, like SF, UP, or SP. Is Atlas in production again with former MTH engines? Thanks, Brakeman Hal
  5. Brakeman Hal

MTH 0-Scale 2-Rail 2-8-0 Consolidations.

Hey Iron Horseman: Thanks for the update on Atlas starting production on MTH designed equipment! All my rolling stock and one of my diesels are Atlas, and I would certainly like to see an O-Scale 2-Rail Consolidation become available! I've been getting many notices from EBAY that used O-Scale...
  6. Brakeman Hal

Will I Be Forced Into 3-Rail?

If I could find a repair shop that would make my MTH 4-6-2 Pacific O-scale 2-Rail loco serviceable again, my troubles would be over! The engine has a DCS decoder with Full Sound effects. When setting it on the track and applying power, it moves only 1/16 inch or less, then stalls. Hal
  7. Brakeman Hal

I have an MTH 4-6-2 Pacific that has wonderful sound system with 20 effects, including changing the volume while running. The problem is it doesn't run! I paid $800 for this engine, which has the PRR road name, but I could put Santa Fe decals on the tender to make it right. All I have to do is...
  8. Brakeman Hal

The code of my present 130 feet of Atlas 7056 flex track is 148, but it measures .150" to .160" in rail height. I would not want to go to the trouble of laying a 3rd rail, because much of my layout is inaccessible, and I am now cursed with arthritis in my hands and shoulders, so the best thing...
  9. Brakeman Hal

With my choice in O-Scale 2-Rail locomotives drying up, I might have to consider 3-Rail, but only if flex track were available, because I have large curves, up to 50", which is 100" diameter. I see that 3-Rail O-Scale (gauge) engines and rolling stock have just as much detail and realism as my...
  10. Brakeman Hal

How many power packs?

I use these: The DCS for MTH locos with DCS decoders, the Digitrax for all locos with DCC decoders, and the MRC Analog DC unit for all locos which will run on straight DC. And I DON'T use bus bars and feeders, because the rails on my Atlas O Scale 2-Rail track are heavier in cross-section than...
  11. Brakeman Hal

Thanks, Iron Horseman and Rico...I'll keep lookin'. Hal
  12. Brakeman Hal

If I wait 2 years, I'll be 86, so I'd like to get a steamer soon. If I change my choice to a 2-6-0 or a 4-6-0 with DCC & Sound, maybe there will be more available. Hal
  13. Brakeman Hal

Friends, I tried that on all 10 of the contenders from my list, and they're just not there! Maybe I should regroup my thoughts on wanting a 2-8-0 Consolidation....my train is a light freight of only 8 cars, and runs across flat desert terrain. Do I really need 8 drivers for this? Maybe there...
  14. Brakeman Hal

Iron Horseman, Here's a list of MTH 0-Scale 2-Rail 2-8-0 Consolidations with DCC, Proto2 or Proto3 Sound, and Walschearts valve gear, which will run on 31", 36", and 42" curves. These are no longer in the MTH catalog, and could only be found used. 20-3162-2 SF My top choice...Santa Fe...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.