Recent content by Bill Lewis

1. B

Help in help with single track on lower level Drago & East Ridge HO Layout

Thanks Thinging the same way. Build the lower first. The area near the Pulp Wood Yard is still bothering me. How to get up to the second level so the switches and siding are level. Possible eliminate that LH switch over. Don't know how that would effect operation. Lots,of armchair planning vut I...
  2. B

Thanks for the reeplies and espert advice. Its becoming clearer to me now. Still might be too much of a challenge but I'm still considering it, just because its a bit different. Thanks again.
  3. B

Thanks Harold. Thats what I'm thinking. YOu really are not going to have much area of solid plywood but strips cut and supported for the track. Have to think about this so more.
  4. B

Thanks for the reply but I'm Not understanding that idea. Running the track underneath would have to go thru all the horizontal supports for the plywood. ? All I can think of is use multiple supports to raise the playwood all around
  5. B

May have to pass on this plan. Trying to raise most off the board to accomodate the one underneath line seems like a lot of work and for someone more skilled that me. Add to the fact your already dealing with the main surface being in three pieces so trying to create smooth gaps would be a...
  6. B

Newer HO modler here. I've built on simple layout of freelance design. I'm interested in building a new layout on an old plan I've found. The Drago & East Ridge. MR Jan 1961. also in 101 more Track Plans. No construction details are given except how to cut a 4 X 8 sheet of plywood. It has a...
  7. B

Back after many years, first question.

Thanks for the info. To be specfic the table was built in three section to get it upstairs in the loft room. Two 4' X 39" and One 2' X 3' center section. The center section will be a yard based on a plan from MR How to build small railroads. Its a 1' X 6' layout and my idea is to have a...
  8. B

Any help and advice is welcomed, thanks again.
  9. B

OK table completed and I did go with brown for the paint More questions: I'm freelancing this layout on my 39" X 11' table and about to order track and switches. It's going to be 18" radius curves for space and mostly switching with a loop,runaround and possibly a second level. I'm going with...
  10. B

Thanks. now that I settles that I'm retinking my layout shape. I was goong for simple and the 4 X 8 starter board but I have a15' long room so may take advantage of the length. I really want to run a PRR T1 someday so need some more roo,. I just think that loco is special Thanks Bill
  11. B

Thanks for advice Thanks for the advice. I have some leftover wall paint in a light brown color I will be using. Plan has changed from 4 x 8 to long shelf !
  12. B

Thanks last night I happened upon a Nat Geographic flyover of New Zealand (Now you know there really was nothing on TV. LOL ) Admiring the high def shots from a plane flying over the landscape everything appeared different shades,of green as you suggested. I think I'll go that way and fill in...
  13. B

Thanks for the input, enjoy your insanity :p
  14. B

Maybe I just wasn't clear . What I'm asking is what would blend well with some Woodland Scenics grass etc. I was thinking of a dark green because I'm afraid of a,brown showing thru too much . Sorry if it seems like a silly question but I have very little experience with scenery.
  15. B

Decided to get back into the Hobby and decided to build the Valley Forge Central in HO. I tried drawing a lot of my own plans but took the easy way out with the typical 4 X 8 table. I like this plan because it gives you two levels and two types of operation. I started construction on the table...

Back