Recent content by beyerswede

1. B

Back Drop Height

I have mine so it is about 75" which for me is about 3-4" above the top of my head and thus about 6" above my eyes. This seems to work well for me
  2. B

Help with my First N Scale Layout.

I will take your word for it that the room is 9 X 11, You need to be able to work in a U shaped plan that does nto interfere with the door and you need to remove the wall cabinets. This is the first. The base cabinets and the desk can stay, you can build the layout over the top of them leaving...
  3. B

Layout size - How much is enough?

I must be missing something here. 10 x 10> You mean a 10 x 10 room size. If the layout was 10 x 10 you would need a multitude of hatches for access. It makes much more sense to do a layout that is around the wall no more than 2 feet wide. I just read again about the UP Cascade subdivision...
  4. B

What is the biggest railroad

Oh, and for those that really care, earnings per share is only inportant in the comparison of two companies when the share price is identical. Otherwise it is irrelevant. What you want are Price to earnings rations, Return on Assets, and Return on tota Gross Income. Buffet saw pieces of BNSF...
  5. B

What is the biggest railroad

The 2011 gross revenues show BNSF at about $19.5 billion and UP at about $18.5 billion. Both are huge and very healthy.
  6. B

How To - N Scale Decals

Thaks both of you
  7. B

How To - N Scale Decals

Ok, I know some of this is because my eyes are not what they used to be but I would like hints on the application of decals, especially on N Scale cars where the decals can be so tiny. Also, and just as important, I have real problems seeing the detail on white decals that are sitting on white...
  8. B

Exactrail taking dealers out of equation

My bet is on the "won't last very long" Many of the cars they make are just those cars that someone would want a fleet of. But, at $30 a pop plus shipping who can buy a fleet of thier covered hoppers. I will stick with my outdated and not quite toprototype cars and not spend the $600 plus it...
  9. B

Exactrail taking dealers out of equation

I too love the covered hoppers but will never buy one. I can not imagine spending $27 for a car and this is one company that has economically abandon the N Scale market.

Back