Recent content by beiland

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. B

Stone Arch Viaduct / Bridge

I have some nice stiff alum plate material I am going to utilize at most of my plywood joints, but for this particular spot I though the plywood backing plate a better option. I had considered using biscuit joints, but I was not so willing to join (glue) all my individual deck edges into really...
  2. B

As the viaduct approaches deck level, the arch structure is no longer utilized,...just stone sides, no arches. (there is that alum grade tool again) Turns out there is not much need for visible arches here anyway, as they would likely get lost behind some of the buildings I might place along...
  3. B

Finalize Subframe Structure of Double Track Portion of Viaduct (and perform open heart surgery....ha...ha) I went back over to the double track portion of my viaduct to finalize and tweak its vertical support piers. I have this long piece of stiff aluminum 'door sill' that I have been using...
  4. B

Wanted, Walthers Pier Terminal building

Does anyone have an unused, or damaged one of these buildings? I need the front face of the building, ....and it can be damaged if its repairable
  5. B

Adapt Bachmann Vandy Tenders to Run Behind Other Engines

This is a subject thread that just recently came up on Soundtraxx Users forum about decoder installations in vandy tenders,.. Vanderbilt Tender Install https://groups.io/g/SoundTraxxUsers/topic/74402694#51472
  6. B

Rebuilding Estate Purchased Korber Roundhouse

I was very fortunate to be able to remove the window frames from my used roundhouse,...without damaging them. I'm not sure how they were originally put in, but it appeared to be just some sort of minimal tacking method. So now I am looking for advice on the best way to re-install them once I...
  7. B

Rebuilding Estate Purchased Korber Roundhouse

Quite a few years ago I purchased a combo Korber roundhouse and Diamond Scale turntable 'set'. The turntable pit was warped, and I had to construct a new one. I posted some details here,... https://modelrailroadforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/build-your-own-turntable.32492/#post-481527 Then...
  8. B

Center Peninsula Track Planning, …..Container Terminal & Port Facility

I think it might have been in Calif? I liked the perspective angle, the stack of containers in the foreground, and the ship's cranes off in the distance. I was going to use something like that on my upper deck, ...the Calif port. Need to find another for that lower deck. May have to resort to...
  9. B

Hermann Göring's Miniature Railway

I think that story about his real train would be here,..
  10. B

I'm not sure if I recall. I think it was just a 'google image' I ran across when I was looking around.
  11. B

@bob, There was a time in my past that I became interested in the subject of ship container ports, combined with monorail movements of the containers. https://www.yachtforums.com/threads/container-ships-container-ports-container-shipping-technologies.20710/
  12. B

I liked the looks of these,... But they were going to be a little too large for my small yard.
  13. B

BTW, both my upper 'west coast' container yard and my lower 'east coast' yard now have only 2 tracks under the m-jacks, and one lane for the truck/trailers. https://modelrailroadforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/container-port-ideas-images.31671/page-2#post-464042 ie,
  14. B

Hi Bob, Thanks for your participation in my discussion, particularly with your very considerable practical and interesting experiences. I don't take any offense at your observations/suggestions, rather I consider them a learning experience. Overall I think you can appreciate my dilemma...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.