Recent content by allegheny1600

1. allegheny1600

Last WW2 German Trains Still in Service,...STEAM in 2022!

Hi there, When I was just twelve years old, in 1977, my parents and I did a road trip overland from England to Greece and as we passed through what was then Yugoslavia, we saw just such a fantastic machine working. To this day, it remains my only genuine working steam locomotive. Many thanks for...
  2. allegheny1600

A new beginning inspired from my old Central Midland Layout

Hi Eric, Brilliant work on a wonderful layout, I love it. Cheers, John
  3. allegheny1600

Southern Pacific Coast Line in HO

Hi there, Mr p51, I’m new here but I found your topic a few days ago and have really enjoyed reading through everything you’ve done, it’s excellent and I’m impressed. You’re a “proper” modeller and should be proud of what you’ve built here, I’ll certainly follow along. Cheers, John
  4. allegheny1600

Train vs Tree

I love how the North American trains just plow through and the rest of the world has a problem And stops!
  5. allegheny1600

ATSF LA Division, 2nd District. The Cucamonga, Pasadena and East LA RR (HO scale)

Ya sass, Yannis! After an absence of quite a while, I’ve just caught up with your progress, you have done really well. I like your layout and locale very much. Cheers, John
  6. allegheny1600

MR and Pelle, Sittin' in a tree...

Hi All, Sorry to resurrect an old thread, like others, the title made me laugh! Unfortunately the intervening time has seen little change from MR, I gave up on the magazine a long time ago, not because of Pelle, not even because of Cody (whom I find quite irritating, sorry!) but simply because...
  7. allegheny1600

TasRail

Hi Rod, Nice to see you here! May I ask, please? It's now half way through 2017, hopefully TasRail is now in the black? Even if not, I hope it's rapidly approaching. The whole TasRail, ConRail story is so familiar to my British eyes, when will governments learn that rail is as much a...
  8. allegheny1600

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXVI

Hi All, What an infrequent poster I am! Currently we (the good lady wife) and I, are on holiday (vacation!) in Greece and we're experiencing a nice heatwave of around 43C, sorry I don't know what that is in old money, around 110F? I wish everyone well from these foreign climes! John
  9. allegheny1600

Rolling Stock Inventory - Do you Keep One?

Hi All, I kept a stock list on paper for a few years, back in the eighties then when I learned how to use a computer, I moved everything onto Excel. It's a system I learnt reasonably well and I find it easy to keep track of what is where - mostly! Back in the nineties, I "lost" a Bachmann...
  10. allegheny1600

Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

Hi Lloyd, I've been inactive on here for quite some time now but I started having a look through your thread and I have found it fascinating! I'm absolutely astonished that you have achieved so much in just two years or so - really well done! My modelling ebbs and flows all the time so it's good...
  11. allegheny1600

Greetings from Greece

Hello Yannis, Sorry to resurrect your old "welcome" thread but I see you're from Greece! I love your country buddy! My wife and I visit about twice a year and would one day (soon?) like to live there! We currently live in north western England, where it rains and rains! I actually have a couple...
  12. allegheny1600

Hello from England

Hello guys, Thanks for further greetings, very kind and much appreciated! Yes! I am currently planning a 'new' C&NW layout and very slowly building an early German (Prussian) layout as well as re-furbishing my British H0 layout. Only three on the go at once, crazy, eh? Typically English - all...
  13. allegheny1600

Mult- Gen Set Indian Railway Diesel on my layout

Hello Vikram, That looks like some interesting modelling, well done! How did you do it, please? Many thanks, John.
  14. allegheny1600

Hello from England

Thanks fcwilt and Chet! Looking good so far, thanks. I'll be happy to post pictures of my work and travels - just as soon as I get to grips with things on here. P1150786 by Allegheny1633, on Flickr Here is a new German Velaro ICE train in Munich, Germany in September 2014 (my last visit) I think...
  15. allegheny1600

Hello from England

Hi Folks, Well, this is a great surprise! I thought I was just joining here and discovered that I had actually joined waaay back in 2010! So! What have I been doing since I first joined? Mainly modelling German outline trains and railfanning a few trips over there. Before I get too far...

Back