Recent content by _____

1. ?

Would anyone want to design a layout for me?

Don't have much to update at this time guys, Irene decided to pay me a visit here in Virginia beach and we've been without power for a few days so I haven't made any progress. Maybe within the next week or two. Everything from here on out is the time consuming parts haha. Don't want to rush...
  2. ?

Fall foliage?

That is beautiful. That is what I shall try to accomplish :) thanks so much. Do you have a write up anywhere on how you made the trees? I'd rather make my own instead of spend hundreds on buying them.
  3. ?

Fall foliage?

I haven't even put all my foam down yet but I am already thinking about the scenery. Do any of you guys have a fall scene with colorful trees instead of just green trees? Of so I'd love to see them for inspiration. Jason
  4. ?

I also picked up my 2" foam today and got 3 pieces cut. By the time I got them upstairs, I had 4 pieces though. Sooo.... What's the best way to smooth the joints where the foam meets? Also, what's the best thing to use to cut this foam? I'd like to get cleaner cuts than I am with a razorblade.
  5. ?

Thanks blue. I was thinking of just backing cars into it and having engines back in To hook up. I'm still trying to figure out if I could put a reversing loop in some place but it's not looking good lol. Where are you talking about the two turnouts?
  6. ?

So After drawing the track plan out on my plywood I noticed I had more room than I thought and was thinking of adding the yard at one end and adding it into the branch line that will be for the loading and unloading of containers into well cars. That way no other trains (coal or passanger) would...
  7. ?

Building Car kits

How about some pictures of some things you have weathered?
  8. ?

Foam Subroadbed question

Im going to be picking up some 2" foam sheets this weekend to get them on my layout and had a question before I draw out my tack plan on the foam 100% Im thinking about having one section of track cross another and wanted the lower track to dip down about 2-1.5" so the top track does not have...
  9. ?

Yea I have the liftouts to worry about now. I will be adding a backdrop here soon. Still trying to figure it out though. Not to sure if I want sky or a combo of sky and landscape. This may be a bit hard to explain on here but I'll try. The very long wall on the right, as you walk in will...
  10. ?

I will be checking into those then sir. This is the time I wish someone with more experience lived closer to me so they could help out haha. There is a train expo here in september Im going to go check out and see what or who I can find. I did manage to score some 2" foam on Craigslist for...
  11. ?

A few more boring shots. 28" outside turn and 24" inside. Not sure if I'll be able to squeez bigger in there safely or not.
  12. ?

That's a good question on the switches. I know I want remote ones since I'm going with DCC but also want a good brand that won't give me too much trouble. I was actually going to start a thread asking about switches but wanted to search the forums first. I may end up with about 6 total...
  13. ?

Well I got all the plywood on and screwed down and smooth at all joints. Drew the layout on the plywood as a rough sketch and made sure all my turns would fit. Right now i have two 24" curves that i want to try and expand to atleast 26". Just need to pick up the foam and finalize the layout...
  14. ?

I have decided to go the DCC route folks. I will slowly convert the most used engines I have to DCC and roll from there. I do have a question on benchwork however. I was thinking of getting the 2" foam to use as the subroadbed so I can carve out small rivers and such but wonder if it's worth...

Back