Recent content by 48 Plymouth Coupe

1. 48 Plymouth Coupe

spraybooth

As long as there is a filter in there should be ok. I may make one of those myself. I have an old kitchen exhaust fan that still works good laying on a shelf. Actually making one out of steel isn't that much involved and you can clean it better than that wooden one on the other web site...
  2. 48 Plymouth Coupe

spraybooth

Is there a filter in the exhaust duct going outside to catch the overspray? If not, over time all the overspray will accumulate on the side of your house and the dirt below it. I use a cheap paint booth. A cardboard box, then when finished I can throw it away.
  3. 48 Plymouth Coupe

Track Question

Layout Size Correction Just noticed I said 8 1/2 feet x "8 feet wide". Had a little typo there. Should have said 8 1/2 feet x "6 feet wide".
  4. 48 Plymouth Coupe

Track Question

Thanks again to all of you. All good information, especially the EZ track comment. I want something that is more or less universal to all brands. Only plan on one train to start out, but you never know what the future brings. Willis, the table will only be up against the wall on one end...
  5. 48 Plymouth Coupe

vehicles??

Normally that would bring in more money. Only problem is, no one parks on my street. Don't have any sidewalks either, so not many walkers either. Street is only 2 blocks long. What I need is a more modern meter that takes quarters. This is an old one that only takes penny's, nickels and...
  6. 48 Plymouth Coupe

Track Question

Thanks Radar. That helps a lot to also know the average roadbed. That will give me enough to get things started. My RTS program from Atlas is several years old. I've also transfered it to two different computers since downloading. That could be part of the problem with me getting the...
  7. 48 Plymouth Coupe

vehicles??

Bob, now that's even better. Couldn't see the whole thing before with the car sitting in front of it. What you call "Yard Art".:D
  8. 48 Plymouth Coupe

Track Question

First of all thanks to all that replied to my initial post on "Getting Started", and for your suggestions and comments. Because of your replies I changed my plans a little. I decided to build the whole table at once and lay the track first, then build around that. As mentioned the layout...
  9. 48 Plymouth Coupe

vehicles??

Interesting light post you have in your yard.:) I can see that people in the train hobby are just like the people in the car hobby. Collecting and using all kinds of old memorabilia to go along with the actual train or cars.:) I have this next to my garage. Have to empty it once in awhile...
  10. 48 Plymouth Coupe

vehicles??

Hot Wheels and Mattel are the same. Mattel makes Hot Wheels. Hot Wheels are a little larger than the 1/87th scale (HO cars). Below is a picture of three cars. The cars on each end are Hot Wheels, the one in the center is a 1/87th scale HO car purchased at Walther's some years ago. You can...
  11. 48 Plymouth Coupe

1/87th Vehicles

Being new to model railroading I really can't contribute much on the how to etc. on those. When it comes to car and truck models though I see ton's of those at the old car swap meets. Any size, color you can dream of, new and used. Ton's of used ones sitting in boxes at many booths. The...
  12. 48 Plymouth Coupe

Getting Started

Thanks CCX. I just tried it again and with the same results. I use the latest Firefox browser. I also tried it with the old Netscape program I have, plus MS Explorer. Doesn't come up on any of them. I think it may be an issue with the connections between my server and theirs. Had a...
  13. 48 Plymouth Coupe

Getting Started

Thanks Ken for pointing out those books. As with the old car hobby, the best thing I bought for the car was the original service and parts manuals. I'll see if I can purchase them locally at Walther's or a book store. Chip, I did scan through your web pages. Will go back later to read it...
  14. 48 Plymouth Coupe

Getting Started

Chip, Thanks. I hear what you are saying about buying things in haste. I've been there in the old car hobby. Like you mentioned, planning is the key. That's really where I'm at right now. The size of the initial layout is expandable. From my basic size I can easily expand the area...
  15. 48 Plymouth Coupe

Getting Started

Guess I should give a brief intro since we like to have them on the car forum I visit. I've been interested in old cars and trains since I was a kid in the 50's & early 60's. My 48 Plymouth Coupe is about done now. Don't have room to build another old car so decided to finally get started...

Back