Recent content by 1943Mike

1. 1

N scale Kato E8/9 with DCC install headlight problem

My loco runs fine .. I have one Kato N scale E8/9 pulling 22 freight rolling stock and that part is working fine. My problem is (and I've had this before with some other locos) that the headlight only comes on with every other speed step. It's set to 28 steps. The decoder is a Digitrax DN163K0a...
  2. 1

No headlight in consist

Thanks shortwrench. Next time I run into that problem ... and I'm sure it will happen again ... I'll set CV19 to zero to delete the lead unit in question. Why use the Main though? Why not programming track? I don't suppose it matters, just curious. Mike
  3. 1

No headlight in consist

Tried the consist about 1/2 hour ago. Just like bringing your car to a mechanic with a complaint that he/she can't duplicate, my two locos ran just fine this morning ... headlight control no problem. I wonder if it has to do with my under layout wiring? I'll probably never know. However, having...
  4. 1

No headlight in consist

Thanks Gomez. I just looked up the Digitrax decoder I'm using in my Kato F7's online and on page 63 it says: "If you want to have F0, F1 and F5 controlled by the advanced consist address, program CV21 to a value of 023 and CV22 to a value of 001." I suppose I could have read through it...
  5. 1

No headlight in consist

I started this hobby (I have several others) back in January of this year and all is proceeding well with the exception of several of my locos not having their headlights come on from time to time. More specifically, I model in N scale and have installed a few decoders into Kato, Atlas, and...
  6. 1

Headlights not coming on

I installed two TCS CN decoders into two N scale Atlas (Kato manufactured) U25B's a month and a half ago. They both ran fine - albeit slightly noisy at higher speeds but acceptable. They both responded to the throttle command to turn the headlights on using my NCE Power Cab. Yesterday (I had...

Back