Photo Fun 20, 21 22

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
How about some MoW equipment.
P1010009-18.jpg

The black water in the harbour was always ment to be temporary, I planned to try and have a bit of the Atlantic, inspired by Holidays in and around St Ives Harbour

BEFORE TONIGHT

grassoutside3.jpg

Tonight

Water bed painted
paintedsea.jpg

paintedsea1.jpg

Silicon added over the top
sea.jpg

sea3.jpg

sea1.jpg

sea4.jpg

Only downside of using silicon is you cant get paint to stick to it so if the shade/colour isn't right now I guess Ill have to live with it. Im looking forward to sea what pictures I can get outside in daylight

John
RJR

Tsk! You fellas can sure put out the eye candy. :D

For my image, a Y6b Mallet takes the siding.

IMG_2221cadjr.JPG

John you used silicone, did you mix several colours from a tube or did you have the right shade, never seen that shade before, looks ACE BTW

Grams, Jeffery, Crandell keep em coming.

John you used silicone, did you mix several colours from a tube or did you have the right shade, never seen that shade before, looks ACE BTW

The Silicone is clear (Translucent) The colour all comes from the bed that was painted with acrylics before covering with silicon. (First 2 pics)

John
RJR

It has been commented else where that my sea is too blue, so I have added a second layer of silicone to give extra depth and took it outside to check the colour in natural light

This first one is a view down indoors (flurescent lighting)

seatake2.jpg

These are the outdoor ones

seatake23.jpg

seatake24.jpg

seatake25.jpg

seatake26.jpg

seatake22.jpg

seatake21.jpg

I dont think these look as blue as the last batch ????????

John
RJR

I dont think these look as blue as the last batch ????????

John
RJR

An improvement John, but it doesn't appear to be very "deep water". That's something I've been researching a bit before I start my ficticious Maine seaport. The port where I grew up the water usually appeared a blackish green color, especially around the docks.

But then, that would be on the other side of the Atlantic from you :)

Grampy, very nice pics and quite a good job on the weathering for your first attempt. Who made the ACO RS? The detail is fantastic. I like the way you have little scenes scattered all around too. Very nice work.

Jeffery, good looking crane is that made by Athearn

Crandell, that Y6b sure looks like a monster straight on. I'll bet you have to watch the track clearances with those huge cylinders.

Steve, you've got the typical trash strewn American yard look down cold. :)

John, first of all, nice work on that dock scene overall. I'm used to the way the Pacific looks in harbor so I'm not a very good judge of what an Atlantic port looks like. The Pacific off California is pretty brown. You wouldn't see water that blue until about 200 miles or so off shore. Still, it looks like water to me so I won't quibble about the color. :D

I like the color, looks fine to me. However, my sad recollection is similar to Jim, The Pacific is a blueish brown, depending on the season, rain, ect. Lake Superior harbors were usually a blueish green, brown in the shallower harbors when a ship was in port.

Hey guys,

Here's my first 'Showin off' post. I was out running my GP7 yesterday. Had a little fun switching and open road running.

MRR01.jpg

Brian B.
DT&I 1980ish

Steve,

Thanks,
Yes, it's 'G' scale.
Airwire900 R/C control with onboard battery power with a soundtraxx sound decoder.

Brian B.
DT&I 1980ish

Airslide, good man, you were smart enough to paint all the trim BEFORE the store front and windows glass was in place. I wasn't. :( Nice selection of clors for the store fronts and nice job on the aged brick work on the rear. Just a little clean up on those yellow window frames and you'll have it.

Brian, I can certainly see the G scale is the way to go if you like details. I thought was a real GP-7 until I looked at the track. If you don't mind me asking, how much did that bad boy set you back?

Airslide, good man, you were smart enough to paint all the trim BEFORE the store front and windows glass was in place. I wasn't. :( Nice selection of clors for the store fronts and nice job on the aged brick work on the rear. Just a little clean up on those yellow window frames and you'll have it. ?

thanks UP. that was actually your advise on the windows. i got kind of sloppy on the sils...it was late:rolleyes: all the colors are mixtures. i did the sils and dentals with deco paint pens. they work great for details.

Jim,

The engine itself was just $175.00 (an overstock N&W model). I had the Soundtraxx DSX decoder from a previous scale - $60.00. The Airwire decoder/reciever was $144.00. I made my own battery pack - approx $75.00.

So that's about $404.00 - plus scratchbuilding the details, painting, making my own decals, purchasing what decal bit I could, the connectors for charging and m.u.ing, replacing the incandescant bulbs with LED's......I'd say around $500.00 total investment.

But, running without wires, without power interuptions, and an awesome sound system - priceless!

Brian B.

Back