Running Bear's February 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all,

Hit this the ground running already today.

Currently 40° and clear going for a record high of 79° later today. Tomorrow they're predicting 80° and then we have a cold front coming through that will drop the temps into upper teens, possibility of snow overnight and a wind chill warning for Wednesday morning. High Wednesday of 48°, then we bounce back into 70's for the weekend. The low temps for Wednesday morning will probably kill and peaches for this year.

We figured out the ex-SIL's game. His mom is coming into town next month and he'll probably want my daughter to let him have their daughter on her weekend. That clown is always up to something.

BBL

Good Morning!
Time for just a quick morning cup. Blizzard went through and dumped 1'+ of snow. I'll be cleaning that up for the next couple of hours.
1F right now, with a windchill. This is the most snow we've had all winter.

Spray-bombed the depot windows
3rdClass_02-25-2024 (3).JPG

TomO - Beautiful boxcar weathering!
Willie - You might put my name on a headstone, after I shovel all that snow.

Have a wonderful day!

Morning folks, currently cloudy and cool but should clear up and push a little over 80 today. This past weekend was absolutely gorgeous! Did some more work on the tree, mowed the yard and helped my dad plant a small crop of 18 potatoes. I had my shirt off most of the time, can definitely feel the sun on my shoulders and upper back😖 Did a little fishing too out of the cow ponds with dad, we each caught one and we're thinking it might've been the same fish😆

I didn't realize that Evemodel offered replacement wheelsets. I looked them up, but their website doesn't show how long the axle is overall, although there are many other measurements. If you are able to, please measure and let us know for reference.
I have never come close to over-reaming a truck, but someone else in the Coffee Shop admitted to doing it in a post a few months ago.
I measured the remaining eight wheelsets and found out the widest one is at 1.003" while the most narrow is .998".

Good Morning!
Time for just a quick morning cup. Blizzard went through and dumped 1'+ of snow. I'll be cleaning that up for the next couple of hours.
1F right now, with a windchill. This is the most snow we've had all winter.

Spray-bombed the depot windows
View attachment 182450

TomO - Beautiful boxcar weathering!
Willie - You might put my name on a headstone, after I shovel all that snow.

Have a wonderful day!
Thanks Guy

Good morning All!!!
Thanks for being here Bill. :)
Flo, can't stay, but seeing your eyes dance about the sunshine makes a man feel good.
If I may, please give me the "Hot Box Special"
Number 3 on the 'To Go" list.
It's 2 scrambled eggs mixed with American cheese and hot pork sausage.
Fajita peppers and onions on top.
Two dashes of hot sauce and a flick of black pepper.
Crammed into a buttered hard roll, wrapped in foil and dropped into a brown sack.
Add two hash browns in foil for 75 cents.
A large coffee with Irish cream and a shot of fireball for freshness.
Don't stick your finger in it. The tip will melt off. Everyone knows sugar is water soluble. :)

As a lad I often read about how powerful 'Tiger' tanks were. 'Panthers' were hardly mentioned. Such was the information given.
The Tiger I had stronger armor and a middle of the road 88 gun. It was slower and less maneuverable and expensive to build. Only 1300 were built as well. Panther had very good sloped front armor, just good sloped side armor, and a powerful high velocity 75mm gun. Could penetrate better than the Tiger 88 but had a weak HE shell. Many more were built.

Tiger II was different. Very heavy armor, very powerful high velocity 88mm gun. Very low production numbers. Not that reliable.

Panther had the highest production numbers and was a better all around tank. It wasn't better in every category but all around.

Not to my knowledge, but Philadelphia Fire - Prevention Unit did a video demonstrating what happens when someone mishandles a lithium battery. I have also observed, (in person and video), what happens when EVs go rogue. They burn so hot, that no exposure is safe.
There are also videos on YouTube of people with hobby lithium ion batteries (RC planes, cars, etc) who poke them and show the results. Pfretty impressive.

Sanding drywall has to be the worst part. No matter how well you partition the area off, that fine dust seems to get everywhere. Every drywall project we have done, the whole house had to be wiped down..
Tell me about it. We have piles of the stuff we're slowly sweeping and vacuuming up. My 82 year old mom came over Saturday ands swept for hours.

I was rolling around installing kitchen base cabinets last week abd looked like a ghost each time.

Last edited:
Tell me about it. We have piles of the stuff we're slowly sweeping and vacuuming up. My 82 year old mom came over Saturday ands swept for hours.

I was rolling around installing kitchen base cabinets last week nbd looked like a ghost each time.
I'm sure with the project you have going, you could sweep for days and still collect a pile.

How's the house coming by the way?

I was rolling around installing kitchen base cabinets last week nbd looked like a ghost each time.
I use one of the 3M mesh "sandpaper" heads connected to a Fein vacuum for drywall finishing. You still get some dust but orders of magnitude less of it. The Fein filters seem do do a much better job collecting the stuff and still working as opposed to standard shop vac filters which rapidly plug up.

Morning folks

42F, cloudy, and getting some wind with current gusts up to about 15 mph.

The question of the day: can one use actual auto paint on HO scale vehicles? I unearthed several Roco M38A1's, a Willys CJ 3B from Mini Cars and a half dozen Kaiser FC 150's, also from Mini Cars. I purchased those sometime in the 1960's. I want to paint several of them to match my 12 inches to the foot scale versions. The paint I have for the latter is acrylic enamel and lacquer. I have used both with a "mini" version of a regular spray paint gun for touch up but have never tried the airbrush with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back