Running Bear's February 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon All!!!
Opening photo was enjoyable Bill!!
Speaking of enjoyable, HELLO Flo!!!
I'll go easy on you today. :)
Would like the #13 option on the lunch menu please.
3 chili dogs, two pickles and a pile of spicey fries.
Large Vanilla Coke with one scoop of Cherry ice cream. :)
What? Yes. I'm smiling because you just snapped your chewing gum. 😊

Well, howdy there internet peeps and those cheering for their favorite type of dip.

It's Troy again.

Got back from an early pizza date with my sweetie. Then I cut up two of the old slab doors I've been replacing. Mentioned I had them to the Local Model Railroaders on the local email list, and haven't gotten any responses. thought they might want a flat door for an underbed beginner railroad for a grandkid. If anyone does, I've still got four doors in the garage and two more to replace.

I was going to donate them, but Habitat for Humanity's ReStore (resale shop for building and homegoods) only wants solid core. So, one door each week will go out in the trash bin. Just have to cut into 6 pieces to fit.

Here's what the rest of the day will look like:

427991105_18407033197035711_5078301544794241719_n.jpg

background seams have been mudded 2nd coat and sanded. Hence the "air filter" fan at the bottom of the pic. I'm about to get the shop vac and get the dust up, then it's time to paint the blue again.

And for you photo fans, here's one I'm about to run as a facebook ad. "Punkin" is the snarky talking cat.
Punkin2 with Reviews.jpg

Good almost afternoon in Wisconsin. Decided to take my Jetta to the hockey rink. Got 2 miles down the road and knee said this car is too small. Turned around and got the SUV. No more experimenting for me, just drive the SUV.

Grandson’s team lost 2-3. He had one shot on goal but he hit the cross bar. I have the granddaughter and we were in the pool for almost 30 minutes when she asked when lunch was. Chicken tenders ( her fav) are now in the air fryer. Some additional pool time after the lunch, a couple quick board games and then a card game. She is very predictable.

enjoy your afternoon

I blame texting on phone, those small buttons are a pain……

have you never heard of idiots feeding poor hedgehogs bread and milk? Which results in diarrhoea. advice is IF you see a hedgehog, and decide to feed it, use dog food or preferably cat food, and meat tinned not stupid biscuits. I thought everyone knew this. Hence my alluding to rather than full story.

I hade to correct 5 times on this entry, and I still see more. Nope fed up wearing out the delete button :p
I was good with it.
"We just won't aim for the head..."
Did you grow up in southeast Baltimore?
cheering for their favorite type of dip.
Onion! Onion! Onion!

Afternoon All,

Feeling a bit better but it'll be a day or two before I'm back to normal. OTOH MOH feels worse with her chronic bronchitis flaring up. Today after errands and chores I painted all the detail parts of the kit including about 20 crates that will be in an interior scene. I also weathered a corrugated roof that will cover the loading dock. Lastly, I finished the 44 Tonner scene on the layout.

Thank you for the photo likes yesterday.

Guy- Thank you. Great photos, keep them coming. The flat car was sitting on the box of the kit I'm working on.

Jaz- I'm glad your dog is OK.

Hughie- Very nice job on the build.

Joe- Interesting observation about spotting cars at a loading dock.

Toot- Nice photo.

Bill- Nice photo.

TomO- Great weathering.

Willie- Great modeling. I really like the stone pillars.

Troy- Nice progress on the layout.

20240211_132007.jpg

20240211_132021.jpg

20240211_132053.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

OTOH MOH feels worse with her chronic bronchitis flaring up
Curt: Glad you're feeling better. Chronic Bronchitis is an annoying disease. Many causes, few solutions. Hope she feels better soon.

The scene with the flat car, and the 44 tonner is very nice...good work.

Concerning car spots, Newer warehouses were built with door spots that matched 50' cars with 10' doors...this is about the time 60' cars became more popular with shippers. Nothing is easy.

SUPER good morning, the bowl game kicks off at 5:30 Central time. I will watch the game. I have not watched the pre-game crap in forever! Commercials I will catch on YouTube tomorrow as they will be muted during game time as may the annoying CBS announcers.

I’ve been invited to a couple parties now that folks know I’m home and one invited themselves to view the game with me. When I told them I view with the sound off they understood, I’m fine watching alone.

Some weathering started yesterday at the bench. The grandson plays at 10:15 about 12 minutes from the house in the next town south of us. I will see him play and return to the bench for some more weathering till game time

enjoy the day

View attachment 181155View attachment 181156View attachment 181157View attachment 181158View attachment 181159
Love Love LOVE the bogie rust :D

Good afternoon, all! Another nice day weatherwise here in H-Town. Unfortunately, we have an active shooter situation going on at a church in downtown. It is so sad people cannot go to church without some moron threatening them.
I finished J. Baum Tobacco Co. and planted it. It was probably one of the easier Bar Mills kits I have assembled.

1707687966943.jpeg

1707688022586.jpeg

Curt - Some nice photos. Really like the scene.

STAY SAFE
LATER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back