Running Bear's November 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning All. Partly cloudy and 46°, although it seemed a bit cooler when I stepped out on the back porch. Weather forecast remains the same, upper 40's to lower 70's; pretty typical for November. A bit cooler next week. It will be blue jean time again.

The roofer that I am hiring is bringing out color samples this morning for my wife to look at. I don't care as long as it isn't black, but she is picky about it. He says that he can start Thursday and finish in one day, including removing two layers of old roofing and replacing a couple of pieces of decking. It's probably a good time estimate, as me and a buddy put the current roof on in two days. His crew is bigger.
Meanwhile, the two granddogs will be coming out Thursday evening for at least a 10 day stay, as my two daughters, wife and families are going on a vacation trip to the Gulf Coast for Thanksgiving week. Wife will leave here on Wednesday and spend a couple of nights with them in Dallas first, so she won't have to listen the the banging on the roof.

More mowing yesterday, nothing major but some crabgrass and weeds on the perimeters made things look a little ragged. I also did a little more work in the garden, prepping it for spring planting. I may be able to do the preliminary tilling by this weekend.

A short and insignificant day out in the train shed yesterday. Too much earlier time spent doing outdoor stuff; "make hay while the sun shines". I did paint the green color on the motorcycle that I posted yesterday, but took no pictures. I also did a few more scale feet of fencing. Hoping to finish both by the weekend, although I am getting the itch to run trains, which I haven't done in a while.
So maybe a few freight pictures from 2020 from the archive.
10-04-20 002.JPG

10-04-20 003.JPG

10-04-20 004.JPG
10-04-20 006.JPG
10-04-20 008.JPG

10-04-20 009.JPG

Sherrel -
went to bed around 8 PM, woke about 3 AM wide awake.
I'd be happy with that, 7 hours. Especially if it was without potty breaks!
Mac -
That means you can have 10-11 beers on Thanksgiving😆
Then every day here is Thanksgiving! Funny thing is that I always thought that once I retired, my beer consumption would increase, starting with one or two with lunch every day. In reality, it actually decreased. Probably had something to do with not needing to unwind from work!

Everybody have a terrific Tuesday.

Sigh…
I paid off my credit card and personal loan, and a month ago submitted the written request to stop taking money out of the external account. Yesterday, there was much cursing and gnashing of teeth at that bank.
Today, that bank withdrew funds and put it in the accounts that were paid off with zero balances. I’m on the phone with them now to see what they have to say for themselves.

As Mister MaGoo would say, "Bye Gum ... You've done it again"!
I fixed the truck door handle after much cursing and discussion ... actually my neighbor walked over to see what I was yelling about, and he managed to unlatch that little crooked rod that I couldn't get too. He had a BENT screwdriver and a pencil flashlight and was able to work with it while I held the flashlight. Sure would have been an easy fix if the door had had an access hold closer to the latch!

Good morning - 43 F. degrees and we are looking for 82 F. later with Sunny!
Forecast tomorrow is for a one-quarter inch of rain - we can use it!

Working on additional Spousal projects is the order for today?

As Mister MaGoo would say, "Bye Gum ... You've done it again"!
I fixed the truck door handle after much cursing and discussion ... actually my neighbor walked over to see what I was yelling about, and he managed to unlatch that little crooked rod that I couldn't get too. He had a BENT screwdriver and a pencil flashlight and was able to work with it while I held the flashlight. Sure would have been an easy fix if the door had had an access hold closer to the latch!
Isn't that funny how you can tinker with something forever and someone will walk over and do it in no time.

At least that project is off your list!

So I fired up the “vintage” air brush today. Was really disappointed when the paint would speckle the car. Couldn’t figure it out. Air pressure was good, about 30lbs. Air brush was clean. The only issue I noticed from the start was that the volume of paint wasn’t weak. So I stopped and cleaned the brush again. It was at this time I think I discovered the issue. When I ran water through the air brush it sprayed beautifully. So I figured my paint was too thick. I watered it down and it was perfect. Speckles are still there from the first coat but I’ll just have to deal with that. Nine more to go. I used Testors spray paint primer on the inside. The inside will need to be silver to look like aluminum

Here is my question. Is 30lbs too much air pressure or not enough? I’m using Modelflex paints..
IMG_7463.jpeg
IMG_7466.jpeg
IMG_7430.jpeg

Last edited:
After several calls, which ended with nobody picking up and the call eventually ending, I’ll go in tomorrow in person. I was less polite yesterday than I was previously, tomorrow they should consider themselves lucky if I don’t start yelling.

Good morning, all! A cool, overcast morning. 64 degrees, but the sun is trying to break through. Just returned from a grocery pick-up, included a smoked turkey. Thanksgiving is certainly sneaking up on us.

Beer - My favorite is Shiner's Bock. However a 12 pack will last me 3 years as I don't drink beer very often.
Cars - Toyota.

1699987400262.jpeg

STAY SAFE
LATER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back