Running Bear's July 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon from hospital bed somewhere in Texas. Went to the ER at 2000 last night with chest pain
Moved to another location at 0400 this morning. Good news is it's not a heart attack. Bad news is that I'm still here. Suspected bleeding ulcer. I was given 2 liters of blood. Upper GI tomorrow.
Can't type on this small keyboard. Will update when I get home.
Get well soon my friend.

Holy Mackeral, Willie.
So sad to hear you've fallen ill. Hope they fix you up lickity split.

Where I come from, it's customary to bring a hospitalized friend a gift to give them some joy in recovery. It's not appropriate for one man to bring another man flowers, though. So, here's some fish:
View attachment 171487

Hope you get better soon!
A blind man was heard saying, as he tapped his cane and slowly walked by the fish market.......Good afternoon Ladies......

A blind man was heard saying, as he tapped his cane and slowly walked by the fish market.......Good afternoon Ladies......
I wonder if any ladies heard him;). Here's another bad one;
Two bananas are sitting along side of a creek. And there's a turd floating in the creek. Turd yells out to them: "Come on in boys, the water's fine!"
One banana goes to the other: "You believe this sh.t"?

Morning all,

Had to change the avatar as Mel said he couldn't compete with the cookies. Actually have my avatars at the office and had a few minutes to change it.

Flo, I have time for a blue plate this morning, extra bacon please.

And just to tweak Mel:
cookies.jpg

BBL

Good morning gang!

Morning all,

Had to change the avatar as Mel said he couldn't compete with the cookies. Actually have my avatars at the office and had a few minutes to change it.

Flo, I have time for a blue plate this morning, extra bacon please.

And just to tweak Mel:
View attachment 171492

BBL
berger.jpg

I'll see your cookies, and put them up against Berger cookies any day of the week!
cmrni1no.jpg

I'm sure Louis has enjoyed these before, since they are made in Baltimore. Oh that light cookie smothered in fudgy goodness! 😋

Not the best thing for my blood sugar, but everything in moderation.

Flo, let's start the day with a meatlover's omelet. Pack it full of bacon, sausage, ham and steak, and throw a slab of scrapple on the side!

Modeling wise I have a question. Has anyone using liquid cement ever have a bottle lose its effectiveness? I've used Testors liquid for years. In fact the same bottle for the last few. Lately building these bridges it seems like it take forever to work, and the joints are not that strong. Last night I tried a new bottle and man what a difference! The glue joints are a lot stronger and it seems to work faster. Admittedly I've never had a bottle open as long as this last one, usually I wind up spilling a good bit of it before It gets old.

BBL

Good morning modelers, tomato growers, the eaters of them and our hospital bound inmates. Again to Willie, get well, get home.

I did the walk this morning, 3 miles on the neighborhood sidewalks. I checked the gardens and while things are growing the tomatoes are not ready to harvest. I pulled the karorobi that was just taking up space and replaced them with orange and yellow marigolds. I feel good enough that I am going to drive over to the house this morning and and get 35 minutes of laps in. I have a feeling the 20-30 minute nap this afternoon will be a bit longer. Maybe a timer to wake me up at 30 minutes.

I did hit some golf balls into the simulator yesterday. My brother is having a program of the course we play next week sent to me today, if he remembers. I can plug it into the simulator and play the course to get familiar. My brother says he really wants to do well in this tournament. Him and his regular partner as a team have not done well the last 2 of these outings. No pressure on me…

After I fixed one of my airbrushes yesterday, I did some initial underside weathering. Over 20 various items yesterday. A Locomotive frame, a couple of grain trailers, a few sulfur cars, ethanol tank cars and more MOW trucks. I really don’t know how I screwed up the airbrush last week but I did. I spray clear finishes, matte, satin or gloss finishes using an old (1976 I got it) and it’s my original Badger single action. It’s a suction feed with the bottle underneath. Obviously I clogged it and followed my regular routine of clearing everytime I use it. So pulled it apart last week, and still couldn’t get it going. No problem, I have other airbrushes but they are gravity feed and I had never run clear finishes in the one I picked, a Badger Extreme Patriot 105. Used it and next day, it was plugged. Yesterday I took both brushes, some Mr. Hobby thinner to the paint booth flipped on the fan switch and cleaned the brushes by letting the parts soak, both needles strangely were clean. After 20 minutes blew some air through the parts and reassembled the Patriot, it’s fine. Back to the old single action and it’s fine. I am not sure if I missed a few cleaning steps last week or the 99% Isopropyl Alcohol I normally use for cleaning got old, they do have dates to use by on them, or what. I will find out today as the items I did weather yesterday also got a clear coat applied last night after I got home from the gd/son’s hockey game.

enjoy the day

Well, howdy there internet peeps, connoisseurs of cookies, and those trapped in a hospital with cute nurses.

It's Troy again.

Still trying to dial in the 3D printer. Trying to print out a pack of mastiffs for the dwarven army, and they keep falling off the supports. Evidently, they're all named Piddles or Puddles, because that's what they look like coming out of the vat. A puddle of goo on the bottom of the printer.

Got to go visit the vampire today

Screen Shot 2023-07-11 at 10.19.26 AM.png

My wife, the medical lab tech, says that joke was old the second time she heard it on the first day visiting the patients in the small county hospital where she first worked. Hearing it every day, many times a day means I use it sparingly.

Yes, I announced I was leaving to visit the vampire today, but made sure she was only holding soft things that wouldn't hurt when she threw them at me.

Annual wellness blood check today. Evidently, I still had enough blood to fill two tubes.

Unlike in years past, we have more option that just hitting an ideal BMI. This year that was ONE of several options and we had to hit three of.

Cholesterol in the good range (I normally am, but added lipitor this past year since the doc likes the heart health benefits it gives.)

BP under 120/80. - I failed the top number the first go, so we did it again two minutes later and got 119/74.

And the third is being tobacco-free for a year. With my asthma, that's not an issue. Hated growing up with that smell since my parents were both smokers.

Still waiting on the words to get done at the editor. Driving down to Muncie to play games this evening. It's a 1.5 hour drive - maybe longer because of stupid construction zones on the interstate. I may take the scenic county highways and see some small-town Indiana instead.

Karl: Yes, liquid model cement can get old. When I was building models in HS, one would stay fresh about 15 months before it's effectiveness would go bad. I think one of the volatiles evaporates quicker than the rest. If it gets cloudy, toss it. (I can't believe I'm recommending tossing something before it's used up). PVC cement is the same way.

Well, howdy there internet peeps, connoisseurs of cookies, and those trapped in a hospital with cute nurses.

It's Troy again.

Still trying to dial in the 3D printer. Trying to print out a pack of mastiffs for the dwarven army, and they keep falling off the supports. Evidently, they're all named Piddles or Puddles, because that's what they look like coming out of the vat. A puddle of goo on the bottom of the printer.

Got to go visit the vampire today

View attachment 171494

My wife, the medical lab tech, says that joke was old the second time she heard it on the first day visiting the patients in the small county hospital where she first worked. Hearing it every day, many times a day means I use it sparingly.

Yes, I announced I was leaving to visit the vampire today, but made sure she was only holding soft things that wouldn't hurt when she threw them at me.

Annual wellness blood check today. Evidently, I still had enough blood to fill two tubes.

Unlike in years past, we have more option that just hitting an ideal BMI. This year that was ONE of several options and we had to hit three of.

Cholesterol in the good range (I normally am, but added lipitor this past year since the doc likes the heart health benefits it gives.)

BP under 120/80. - I failed the top number the first go, so we did it again two minutes later and got 119/74.

And the third is being tobacco-free for a year. With my asthma, that's not an issue. Hated growing up with that smell since my parents were both smokers.

Still waiting on the words to get done at the editor. Driving down to Muncie to play games this evening. It's a 1.5 hour drive - maybe longer because of stupid construction zones on the interstate. I may take the scenic county highways and see some small-town Indiana instead.
And those trapped in a hospital with cute nurses 😆
images-1.jpg

Karl: Yes, liquid model cement can get old. When I was building models in HS, one would stay fresh about 15 months before it's effectiveness would go bad. I think one of the volatiles evaporates quicker than the rest. If it gets cloudy, toss it. (I can't believe I'm recommending tossing something before it's used up). PVC cement is the same way.
Interesting on the cloudy! I have a Tamiya thin glue that I noticed was cloudy last week. I will experiment this afternoon, thanks

Afternoon All,

Started out today at 77F and humid. Late morning, we received about another 1/4" of rain. It's still overcast but I think our rain is done. I started out with some outside chores then we ran errands. After that I fixed the child's gate to MOH's sewing room. I was going to adjust couplers, but I can't find the Kadee tool 🤷‍♂️ so I ordered another one. Of course, it will show up after the new one comes in.

Willie- I'm sorry to hear that. Prayers for you tomorrow.

Louis- She's 10 weeks old.🦨

Tom- Beautiful bridge. The club I was a member of years ago had a similar scene and under it was a creek and a Boy Scout camp (with boys in it).;)

Guy- Great looking and I bet good eating trout.

TomO- Smart man. Smarter than we were,

Sherrel- Sorry to hear about your daughter's issue, but I suspect you are happy to see her and the grandkids.

Louis- Neat shot of the diesel and steamer side by side.

Troy- Have fun at your game tonight.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back