I already like this forum better than others..

It'll take me a bit to learn to navigate this site, it's different as far as how the posts and replies are arranged compared to other forums, but this is already my favorite.
I'm brand new to a few model railroad forums. One other forum in particular seems a bit ridiculous. I have to be "moderated" until I'm deemed "not a spammer"... really? 30 posts before I can post a picture... really?
I don't even know where to post there's so many rules about "use your blog for this or that". Funny thing is, I'm on a "probationary" period until such a time I'm considered not a spammer... and yet, the very first email I receive from them ends up in my spam folder. Na, I'll pass. I haven't the time to waste in a small corner of the internet.
I've found modelrailroadforums, it suits me just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
It'll take me a bit to learn to navigate this site, it's different as far as how the posts and replies are arranged compared to other forums, but this is already my favorite. I'm brand new to a few model railroad forums. One in particular seems a bit ridiculous. I have to be "moderated" until I'm deemed "not a spammer"... really? 30 posts before I can post a picture... really? I don't even know where to post there's so many rules about "use your blog for this or that". Funny thing is, I'm on a "probationary" period until such a time I'm considered not a spammer... and yet, the very first email I receive from them ends up in my spam folder. Na, I'll pass. I haven't the time to waste in a small corner of the internet. I've found modelrailroadforums, it suits me just fine.
Glad you like it here, it's my favourite too, check out the coffee shop, where just about everything (bar Politics and Religion) and not always RR orientated stuff comes under discussion.

It'll take me a bit to learn to navigate this site, it's different as far as how the posts and replies are arranged compared to other forums, but this is already my favorite. I'm brand new to a few model railroad forums. One in particular seems a bit ridiculous. I have to be "moderated" until I'm deemed "not a spammer"... really? 30 posts before I can post a picture... really? I don't even know where to post there's so many rules about "use your blog for this or that". Funny thing is, I'm on a "probationary" period until such a time I'm considered not a spammer... and yet, the very first email I receive from them ends up in my spam folder. Na, I'll pass. I haven't the time to waste in a small corner of the internet. I've found modelrailroadforums, it suits me just fine.
Yep, stick with us. Were a good bunch!

Okay, have read your post from start to finish. In the beginning you like these forums, then you get miffed because you have to have 30 posts to get off of "probation" so to speak - that is to stop the REAL SPAMMERS from posting garbage, not to stop genuine members from posting.

You then say there are too many rules about where you can and can't post. So far as I am concerned, there are clearly labelled Forums to cover virtually every aspect of the hobby, all you need to do is to read those forums and see which one best suits what you intend to post.

As for your very first email from here going to your SPAM folder - that is right, that is where 90% of first emails go if you haven't had any contact with the sender previously. That is also a safety measure for you. Now this isn't hard, all you need to do is click on the email you received from here and mark it as "NOT SPAM" and all other emails from here will go into your in box.

Then finally you declare that you are going to MRF - well, if you think here is confusing ad complicated, you'll really have fun over there. Good luck to you and hope "they suit you" better.
Tony, I think you pretty much completely misunderstood his post...

Okay - ahh which part did I misunderstand?

Whoops, your right Terry, I did mis read the last part. I confused modelrailwayforums with another that sounds similar. I'll delete my post straight away.

@midwayglenrr

Apologies to you for my mis reading what you wrote and hope and trust that you do enjoy it here.
Lol, no problem at all. I can be confusing, for sure. I shouldn't have started a rant post, anyway, and if I could figure out how delete it, I would, haha. I'm just glad to be here, this seems like a great place with great folks :)

Okay @midwayglenrr

A small problem - I can delete the post for you; however, as it is the first post deleting it will delete the entire thread.

Honestly, there isn't anything wrong with the post that warrants being deleted. If you really feel bad about it - make another post that does warrant being deleted, let me know and I can delete that one for you :p

Lol, no problem at all. I can be confusing, for sure. I shouldn't have started a rant post, anyway, and if I could figure out how delete it, I would, haha. I'm just glad to be here, this seems like a great place with great folks :)
Don't worry about the rant post, one of the reasons we have a coffee shop, we all do it at some point, so it's all good. 🙂

Last edited:
Okay @midwayglenrr

A small problem - I can delete the post for you; however, as it is the first post deleting it will delete the entire thread.

Honestly, there isn't anything wrong with the post that warrants being deleted. If you really feel bad about it - make another post that does warrant being deleted, let me know and I can delete that one for you :p
Hahaha.. It's fine, I'd rather just leave this up than make a post with wordy durds in it.. Ima good boy lol

I'm wondering can anyone steer me towards threads with discussions on Precision Scheduled Railroading. I've only heard about it since the NS accident in East Palestine, but comments on Youtube videos have me curious about what it exactly is and how much it plays a role in the recent, frequent derailments. Bluford Shops has an excellent rr history page and I believe it was implemented on some class 1 railroads in 2019.

Back