Running Bear's November 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woke up yesterday at 4 A.M. Unable to go back to sleep ...made the mistake of turning the tv on....

JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!

You F&*Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep Bi&*BeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeP
Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp you don't know FBeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

you son of Beeeeeeeeeeeeeep beep you Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep
Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!
Hope you enjoyed today's show .

I thought to myself , well at least that got resolved ?

Good Veteran's Day Morning to All. Clear skies and 41° out there this morning, headed for the lower 70's later today. A chilly one inside this morning at 64°, I started a fire when I got up around 0415 to warm up the house. A very mixed weather pattern coming up for the next ten days.

1605095176826.png

Went to the big city yesterday for a flash drive and ended up taxiing my wife around to go clothes shopping. She's running out of smaller pants since she lost considerable weight on this two year old Keto diet that she's on. I miss the food variety and occasionally slip myself some french fries or a big ole hero sandwich. I'm not officially on that diet, which is basically no carbs, but I fix Keto-friendly meals for her, and I'm mostly too lazy to fix additional stuff. When I want to lose weight, I just stop drinking beer for a few weeks.
Yesterday afternoon, I mainly worked on resetting up my computer after Win10 totally crapped out on me Monday. The usual stuff like AdBlock, Open Office, Windows Classic shell, Firefox, and reloaded over 200 Gb of pictures, mp3's and assorted spreadsheets and databases. Today I'll reload my model railroad switching/inventory program and other "stuff". I reluctantly went with Win10 since that's all I could get on a new piece of equipment, thinking that I would eventually get used to it, but it sure has left me perturbed by giving me a problem so soon.

Good morning Flo, good to see you back, Francine was busy yesterday. Set me up with a couple of eggs over easy and a few pieces of Taylor Ham today. Add a toasted English Muffin alongside.

Thanks for the likes on yesterday's barn pictures; Sherrel, Alan, Patrick, James, Tom O, Garry, Walt, Karl, Phil, Tom, Jerry, Ken, Guy. In case anyone is wondering, I do remember that I did touch up the paint on that barn after those pictures were taken. Digital photography shows a lot of sins that cannot be seen with the naked eye.

Needless to say, time in the train shed yesterday was quite limited. I did no modeling but I did run trains while specific downloading was going on.
Looks like I was just setting up Stallings Horse Ranch in October 2012. This was the first scenery on the new layout after I built the train shed and got some benchwork and tr
10-06-12 018.JPG

I have no clue why that picture is angled like that??? Here Judy Stallings is practicing barrel racing with her favorite horse.
10-06-12 017.JPG

House in the picture is a printed cardstock structure that got some overspray of alcohol/water spray when I was doing ground cover. It has been reprinted and replaced since then.

Guy - Regarding that turntable in the museum photos, it must work because it's in a different position in each photo. I am not sure whether it's a commercial one or something scratchbuilt.
By the way, how's your wife doing?

Speaking of toilet repair, at least that's one aspect of plumbing that doesn't have to be done squeezed into a cabinet or inside some cramped crawl space. No digging up buried pipes either.

As I posted above, today is Veterans Day, proudly celebrating all veterans. Thank all of them for serving our country.
Everyone have a great day. Stay safe.

Morning all,

Currently 31° and clear this morning going for a high of 58° later on.

Need to get a new ceiling fan for our bedroom. Seems after 20 some odd years, the current on decided to start throwing some bearings and the wife really wants it working, so off to the store I go in a bit. I'm waiting for a couple of other stores to open so I can make 1 trip.

Daughter and family are so far showing no symptoms, but schools seem be shutting down again in the area. Middle school and the local catholic school closed until after Thanksgiving.

Not much else going on.

Good morning y'all. 65° and mostly cloudy. Going into a rain and mostly cooler over a couple of days. But today will be another mid 70s day.

Happy Veterans Day: 714 Railway Operating Bn. Co A. Reserve: 717th Railway Operating Bn. Co A and Co C.

CR 6278 - EMD Builders Photo  -  SD 50 October 1983.jpg

EMD Builders Photo - SD-50 Delivered 1983.

Reading # 35 @ Wayne jct.jpg

Reading "One of a kind" switching at Nicetown. Date, Builder, Photographer unknown.

Greetings!

Willie will be glad that I stopped at the bakery today! I like the keto diet, but I need to reward myself when I focus on writing instead of current affairs. Now that the hoopla in the USA is dying down, I should be able to get to wording without such sugary treats as donuts. My "quarantine-19#" was a few pounds ago. I've had to move back into the "relaxed fit" section of jeans. But, hey, DONUTS

No pics though. Sorry about that. Help yourself to the donuts

Didn't get much done yesterday after farting around with the toilet. New wax ring and some shims seem to have cured its ills

Put some coffee on. I've got writing to do today.

Here's a pic of my newfangled tunnel through Mount Raven. The WS tunnel portals came cracked. Some PVA glue solved the breakage, but the glue shows through the seams with just the WS stains (it's plaster). So I went with thin paint. I'll stain, and drybrush before installing it.

Need to do some more Sculptamold tonight. And probably tint the new plaster cloth with WS earth shade.

Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 9.33.04 AM.png

Good Morning - A perfect day here in Montana, Cold and Crisp.

Willie - that is a great scene with the barn. My favorite place to explors was a dairy barn on my parents ranch. It was built around 1870 and the rafters were full of treasures from the previous owners. I remember boxes of National Geographics - Hard cover books and beautiful pictures. Our barn wasnt that pretty though - it came closer to matching the house!

I managed to get one boiler shell cut down and reasembled yesterday, sitting down I thought I was going to knock out four. I was so excited to reassemble the pieces I forgot to take any pictures.

I love all the Veteran locomotive schemes. Our flag flies everday to honor them here.

Morning -- On my second cup at the moment - I will stop by the "Shop" for some eatery a little later on.
Let's see - 37 degrees to start with and 68 later on with immensely clear skies!

I would like to place an order for 10 degrees more all around ... then I would feel more like working on that HUGE desk. If I didn't mention - it has a 36 x72 inch footprint - and it sure would make a great model workbench with all the storage drawers in the roll top area plus many drawers.

HAPPY VETRANS DAY to each and everyone who have served - and to those who serve currently!

Good Morning!

They did not have the annual veterans march along Main Street today, for social distancing reasons I suppose. None the less, I have a vision of veterans on the march, and a photo of the same that I took a few years back. Not veterans day, but, veterans on the march:
VetMarch2016.jpg

I have a great respect for these people. It aggravates me when people turn on their Christmas lights prior to November 11. This is a solemn day, not a celebration.

Just passing through today.

Willie - The wife's leg is fine. She'll be back to work in one more week.

Flip - From yesterday, what are you calling a 10 point deer? Is that a 5x5, or a 10x10? I have a 5x5 typical White-tail hanging on my wall. Never did get it scored, but, it's probably very average.

Wonderful remembrances today fella's. Thanks for the photos and posts directed toward this solemn day.

GUY- I'd call it BIG!! I never hunted deer. Can't see me shooting "BAMBI" . Deer hunters will have to explain. But I'd guess you would know.
I have a CN system map and a auto road map-Found McCloud River and Whitecourt on map but can't find you on the system map.
Flip

Good afternoon Shop Dwellers! 66*F with a slight southerly breeze and lotsa rain.

Saluting all Veterans today! 1972-76 USN, Norfolk VA, USS Puget Sound AD-38, Electrical Repair Division

Thanks everybody for all the "likes" on my previous one-liner post!

My employer started making this a paid holiday this year, so I'll have a few bonus hours available today to work on my current mrr project: The Walthers HO scale Dairy Queen "vintage" version. I'm somewhat annoyed with whoever wrote the instructions for this kit; a paragraph before the assembly text says to "apply all interior window decals prior to cementing the window glass sections into place." I opened the plastic bag with the parts, and - there were no decals.😒 The roof billboard with the ice cream cone and the words "Dairy Queen" was in there with structure sections, but that was the only piece with lettering on it.

I want the finished structure to look similar to this one:
As you can see, there are so many promo posters covering the windows that you can't even see inside - a good thing, since that means I won't have to worry about adding any interior details!;) However, I did have to do several google searches to find old DQ promotional posters that I could shrink down and print on white decal paper, but eventually I got enough of 'em. I made a photoscan of the structure pieces, opened the file with my graphical editing tool, and pasted in shrunk-down to the window positions I planned to install them in. I made three extra copies to have available in case of screw-ups, then printed everything in 1:87 scale on Microscale decal paper:

FinishedWindowDecalsPrinted.jpg

...so with the above sheet, I'll get up to four attempts for each window decal I want to put on. Now it's time for me to pre-paint the structure pieces and assemble them.

Afternoon All,

Got the stuff put away outside for tomorrow for the TS as it goes across FL. I did paint all the remaining track that has been laid down. After chauffeuring my wife to a couple of places I did a sample track ballasting to make sure I am happy with it before starting on the layout. I'm using WS Med Mixed Grey Ballast with WS Cinders mixed in and a line of cinders on the outside edges.

Served in the Navy from 1974-1995 in either subs or sub shore commands. Only had 1 command (1977-1979) that was not related directly to subs.

I may not be on tomorrow if we loose power.

Ken- That will look good.

Garry- Nice looking loco.

Jerry- Interesting photo.

Willie- Nice scene.

Joe- Nice pictures.

Troy- Looks great. If it was me I would lay the track and then cover with painters tape before more scenery progress. I had a lessons learned about that from a previous layout. Just my 2 cents.

Dave- Great picture.

20201111_142904.jpg

20201111_142922.jpg

I hope everybody has a good night.

Troy- For me it's easier to get the track laid down correctly when I'm not worried about messing up the scenery. The blue tape covers the track well. Also the track needs attached to the cork well and possibly feeders attached. That's the reason I put in the upper track on my layout so early.

Like I said before it's the way I do it, but it's not the only way it can be done. Whatever works best for you.

Thanks. This is my first layout to have gotten this far, so I'm willing to learn from other's mistakes. I can get track laid on one half the layout, but I need to finish the cork first. Guess I know what I'm doing tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back